Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    The best - Simms or Columbia PFG

Best Value - Academy Magellan Pro (the one with the built in hoodie, sleeve loops and facemask) are very good shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogchunker View Post
    Simms hoodies
    ^^^^^^^^^ This the way!!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.

3. Member
    Magellan or gilz

4. Member
    Columbia Tsunami. It's a cool classic button up that can be worn about anywhere. I am not wearing a hoodie sun shirt anywhere but fishing....but that's just me.

I bought a bunch of the Wally World and Sams Club shirts. IMO they are the hottest summer shirt out there, they look and feel like the same material but they are not. The coolest hoodie type's I've found are Bamboo or whatever Patagonia uses.

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    Habit from Sam’s. Half the price of the premiums and work great. SPF 30 I believe and fish very cool.
    these are nice and well priced
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

You’ll hear every brand mentioned in this post. It’s your personal preference. Carhartt released a line of sunshirts this year. I’ve been wearing them every time fishing. They breathe good and are comfortable! Check them out!!
    Last edited by Migs; 05-28-2024 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    The best - Simms or Columbia PFG

Best Value - Academy Magellan Pro (the one with the built in hoodie, sleeve loops and facemask) are very good shirts.
    ^^^^^^This, I have 2 of the Magellan brands from Academy, comfortable, well made. My favorite shirts over Aftco or Colombia.

8. Member
    Huk are my normal.

but costco had some this past month on sale that feel very simlar
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

9. Member
    Mine are all Huk Icon x series.!!

10. Member
    All of the long sleeve or sun shirts I've tried have felt hot in the summer except for Anetik. This shirt is totally awesome and I actually feel cool in it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    Habit from Sam’s. Half the price of the premiums and work great. SPF 30 I believe and fish very cool.
    I have a couple of these and they have held up great

12. Member
    This has been asked and answered several times before. There are a few of us who have actually tried almost every brand there is and have settled on Patagonia as the coolest available. Not sure why. The weave? Some heat reflecting coating? No idea. But they are noticeably cooler than other brands, even premium brands.

Others I’ve tried include Simms, Columbia, Aftco, Habit, Arcteryx, Filson, Orvis, Nike, Under Armour, Ranger brand, Hurley, O’Neil, among others.
    Last edited by DoctorJJ; 05-26-2024 at 07:50 PM.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

13. Member
    I would get simms. I’ve tried a lot and there the best I’ve used.

I have a mixed assortment
    TW, AFTCO and some others
    With the hooded one you don't need a neck Bluff

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    This has been asked and answered several times before. There are a few of us who have actually tried almost every brand there is and have settled on Patagonia as the coolest available. Not sure why. The weave? Some heat reflecting coating? No idea. But they are noticeably cooler than other brands, even premium brands.

Others I’ve tried include Simms, Columbia, Aftco, Habit, Arcteryx, Filson, Orvis, Nike, Under Armour, Ranger brand, Hurley, O’Neil, among others.
    that’s quite the list. I’m surprised Arcteryx didn’t perform well, they’re usually the top of the line for back country gear. Ranger brand isn’t bad and neither is Hurley but I might just have to try Patagonia next time.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    I’ve been using the Academy Magellan long sleeve button down shirts for several years. Comfortable and easy on the wallet.
    2nd this. I also wear them for work as I work outside.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post

I will try the patagonia. I have several diff brands as well, all the quick dry poly shirts breath like shit. I prefer a light weight white long sleeve tee over all the "fishing" shirts I have bought

Habit at Sam’s Club. They were $18 the last time I bought one.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

19. Member
    Sunshine is good for you. Soak it up. vitamin D. Get a tan.

I have some Huk, Aftco and Simms. I'd say the Aftco is the coolest and most comfortable.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | 6" Jackplate | Garmin Force @36v | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast