Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DVHammer View Post
    Thank you.
    'Ya money is definitely tight.

We were all there at some point. Going to school, working a part time job to save and scrape up enough money to buy our first boat knowing full well that a boat in that price range will need a LOT of work and not having a clue how to or what to do.

I remember it like it was yesterday and wouldn't change a thing but enjoy helping to make it a bit easier than what I went through.
    need anything on small parts post it and maybe us hoarders can send you some god used parts?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Had a few minutes before leaving for work this morning so did a quick compression check. I used 2 different gauges and averaged the numbers before writing them down. The pink numbers are from someone before me, the white numbers are mine.

Looks like he still has a strong engine!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2011 Z8-200 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    need anything on small parts post it and maybe us hoarders can send you some god used parts?
    Could use a 138" steering cable if anybody has one

2011 Z8-200 ProXS

4. Member
    you are doing something magical for this young man. Certain you will be paid back multiple times!! there is an old boat yard near me, I can call and ask or stop by to see if they have any old cats to see about the steering cable.

Quote Originally Posted by caddyjoe77 View Post
    you are doing something magical for this young man. Certain you will be paid back multiple times!! there is an old boat yard near me, I can call and ask or stop by to see if they have any old cats to see about the steering cable.
    That would be SO very appreciated! Thank you for offering.

2011 Z8-200 ProXS

Did some research last night and found out that Morse cables were bought out a couple times over the years with the latest being Uflex.

That being said, it is sold on Amazon so it was as simple as 'one click shopping' LOL

2011 Z8-200 ProXS

Not certain if .040 plug gap is correct.

Anybody know off the top of their head what the plug gap is for Champion plugs in a 1996 Mercury 150 XR6 OD167446?

2011 Z8-200 ProXS

We ran L77JC4 Champion plugs in the engine, while Mercury we believe preferred the BU8ES NGK a at that time. The number could be off as that’s been decades and plus no longer foul like that. One was a gap plug, the other a permagap.

Posted over in the Motor Forum and Don replied.

NGK BU8H is the CORRECT plug so returning what I picked up to match the old ones and getting NGK's

2011 Z8-200 ProXS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12