Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    At the camper on lake Shelbyville Thursday-Saturday chasing walleye and drinking cold beer. �� family cookout at our place Sunday and Monday around the pool.

Dale Sinclair original

2. Member
    Grandson is 3 today. All coming to our house for Sunday cookout. Lithuanian sausage, burgers and chicken legs on the Vortex.

3. Banned
    I think I am going to try my hand at golfing with my brother. I can admit I am not very good, and got banned from the golf course the last time we went for leaving to many divots and hitting to many houses.

4. Member
    Working on finishing the interior layout of a gym and might go dump the boat on a friends 5 acre lake and thin the herd a little. Monday, my wife will lead the Pledge of Allegiance at the Memorial Day Service at the Veterans Cemetery.
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

I mentioned bluegill fishing, but got some s--T from the wife, so I'll work.

6. Member
    Car shopping, another one of my kids decided to destroy one of our cars. Although this time no fault was assigned by police because statements didn't match up and no witnesses stayed around to give statements. I think the other driver caused it and because he works in insurance, he was trying to get my 17-year-old son to admit fault.

He was not hurt, and I think he did a great job not hitting the wall after the collision.

20240523_211806.jpg

7. Member
    Sister and brother-in-law used to own a house with a full view of a popular boat ramp about 50 yards away. On holiday weekends, especially Memorial Day because a lot of boats were seeing water for the first time, we’d kick back on the deck and laugh our butts off. I’m sure at times the folks launching could hear us, because we occasionally got a little carried away with our “advice.” “Back ‘er in a little farther,” we’d call out. “The bumper isn’t touching the water yet!”

8. Member
    I work at home during holidays: bush hogging, mowing, weedwacking, servicing vehicles, cutting downed trees, etc. I then go places when it is quieter through the week.

9. Member
    Just got off Erie in time to get to fish cleaning house before they shut off taking more fish. Walleye fry sometime this weekend.

10. Member
    I do.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    For some unknown reason one of the trails I fish scheduled a tournament for tommorrow on a lake without a lot of ramps....throw in possibility of storms and 20mph winds from the south on a 30,000 acre lake that is flooded. No telling how the day will go. Gonna go have fun though.

Well scratch that. Had a little unplanned situation with the boat and had to drop it off at the shop. No fishing this weekend for me.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishshooter View Post
    Just got off Erie in time to get to fish cleaning house before they shut off taking more fish. Walleye fry sometime this weekend.
    Fish cleaning house???? Drop fish to be cleaned?? Been to Erie a few times and have never heard of this.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose720 View Post
    Fish cleaning house???? Drop fish to be cleaned?? Been to Erie a few times and have never heard of this.
    They work great if you have limits of yellow perch at the end of the day. We have used one on L Michigan for Salmon, can trade for Smoked also.

14. Member
    There are fish cleaning houses near every boat launch on Erie, at least the ones I’ve visited. I wouldn’t use them to clean my limit of 6 walleye, but with a group of guys and several limits of perch, that’s just too much cleaning for a lot of folks.

Sitting here making a pancake now, and going to finish watching Eagle Eye.

Will just be on here, watching movies, or listening to music. So, my normal. But I will reflect on why this holiday is.

Dodge more rounds of naders, have a few adult beverages, and eat some delicious grub. Prolly no fishin this weekend; stay safe out there!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

17. Member
    Smoke some baby backs, plant a dozen pumpkin plants, watch Padres vs Yankees and drop the Ranger in the water so I can try out the new Lowrance Ghost I installed last weekend. Good stuff!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose720 View Post
    They charge 75 cents a pound for walleye. Worth it when tired & hot & 2&1/2- 3 hours home . Marblehead Fish Cleaning. They did a good job. My Fish cleaning skills are not the best. That's why I bass fish & catch /release !

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    I work at home during holidays: bush hogging, mowing, weedwacking, servicing vehicles, cutting downed trees, etc. I then go places when it is quieter through the week.
    We lead the same kind of life! I have plenty to do (always) but I try to do as much as possible on weekends and especially holiday weekends. Only Weekend I will go a little is in the fall when most are hunting or call it quits. Sometimes if my oldest son wants to fish (only time he gets off) I will fish early in morning and be off the water before it gets busy. I did not have this option when I worked. It’s wonderful not to have to get out there when it’s getting more dangerous and it’s a little more peaceful to boot!

20. Member
    Do not forget to save those Walleye cheeks, they are like scallops and a treat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast