Thread: Bobcat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ran 64mph fully loaded with gas and live well full. Dont know if there is any more, but I am content with that speed. Also noticed yesterday that the jack plate covers up the the drain for the back splash. Thinking about drilling a hole to let the water drain out. I have leak somewhere thinking it is coming from the live well plumbing. I am going to investigate today. I couldn't determine where it was coming from while I was on the water. Hopefully just a loose fitting.
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

2. Banned
    Hauling the mail for full fuel and livewells. Not much to bitch about there.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blublazer View Post
    Ran 64mph fully loaded with gas and live well full. Dont know if there is any more, but I am content with that speed. Also noticed yesterday that the jack plate covers up the the drain for the back splash. Thinking about drilling a hole to let the water drain out. I have leak somewhere thinking it is coming from the live well plumbing. I am going to investigate today. I couldn't determine where it was coming from while I was on the water. Hopefully just a loose fitting.
    That beats my best speed. You are really moving now!

Speed O tube or Speed O is leaking water. I find it next to impossible to get to where I can see it without removing the hot foot. The new rod box layout is also making very difficult to lay in the floor and look up at the back side of the gages. Can the gages be removed from the front? Its just small leak, but will be kind of annoying this winter.
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

5. Member
    Chris,

I have a '22 Bobcat with a 150 Pro XS also. From factory, I'm only getting 58-59 on top end consistently for the past year. The boat came with a Fury 22P. I'm guessing the prop change will help if i go to the 25 Tempest you're running on your boat. Any updates? I'd love to pick up a full 6 mph!! Wow!22 Bobcat.jpg

I'm still running the 25tempest and still getting steady 64mph, but I am noticing some slippage running in choppy water. Thinking about dropping it down another 1/4 inch just to see what happens. Its seems to run better with water in the live wells so I'm thinking of going deeper. Also plan to borrow a friends 25 fury just to see if it will turn it. Most folks say go down a pitch for a fury but I think with this little lite boat it can handle it.
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

7. Member
    That's great info ... thanks for the reply. I'd be interested in what you find out about running a FURY 25 if you end up doing that. I thought about the Fury in a 24P after i read your post about the tempest. Does your tempest 25 prop get you up on plane/top end speed quickly and hold it stable ... even with the fury 22p, my boat chine walks pretty bad at 59 mph.

Yep the chine walk is pretty awesome at 64, but its not bad to drive thru it. I will keep you posted on any changes that make improvements.
    BTW...I really like the colors of your boat. The black stripe looks nice against the blue.
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

9. Member
    Chris,

Any updates to your Bobcat over the past year? I'm still running the same prop. Curious if you've settled on a prop that gives you balance of mid-60's mph performance, good hole shot, and no slippage on plane. Thanks!

10. Member
    This is interesting, when we got our 13 margay with the 2 stroke 150 pro xs the dealer spec'd it with a 25 tempest plus. At the time The boat was a lot lighter up front but damn did it run out with the 25 and factory jackplate settings. I think the first time we ran it 2 guy's half fuel empty I touched 66mph for a second. Once we put the Ultrex and 9 inch graph up front as well as too many rods and tackle the struggle to get up on pad began. I ran the 4 blade razor but best I could get was 56mph loaded. I have tried a 24 tempest plus and a 23 tempest plus because of needing to get the rpms up where the 25 didn't. I will be running a brand new Solas scorpion 23 pitch Friday to see how that goes, If I can get 61-63mph loaded I will stop searching. I saw Rick's post on the main page and sure hope they never stop making this little boat it is so perfect for what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by brabhamm View Post
    Chris,

Any updates to your Bobcat over the past year? I'm still running the same prop. Curious if you've settled on a prop that gives you balance of mid-60's mph performance, good hole shot, and no slippage on plane. Thanks!
    Turns out that the 25 fury I was going to try had been modified to 24 pitch. So it didn't run any better with it than it does with the 25 tempest. If I could find a good deal on a 25 fury I would buy one. So it's still runs the same.
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12