Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Top of the transom to the bottom of the transom (or pad if boat has a setback).

For engines: Serial Number can identify what it was.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    your XL 25 inch engine was built 8/26/2014 at MERCURY MARINE my dad lives across the mountain in CAMP WOOD
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks Don,
    Thanks Joe54, Who's your dad? I'll say hi one day, I'm around the county all the time drilling water wells, hence my screen name.

Taking the lower to the shop today. They have stated they will pull carrier and inspect and replace all seals, but they DO NOT rebuild the lower. If I need a rebuild, who is a recommended shop? You Joe, you Don?
    Thank You

4. Member
    Definitely Joe or Don!!!

5. Member
    my sister will be there next week i think
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Quick update on my lower, the shop I took it to did did noting, just a sales shop. They pulled the bearing carrier and told me it was trash and they had a new one the self to just buy it. I told them I didn't doubt it, but wanted to see for myself, they had reinstalled the carrier, so I loaded it up and brought it home. Got a service manual and order some special tools for mercury lowers. With some EXCELLENT help/advise from JOE54, I got it tore down and replaced the two upper drive shaft bearing, all the other bearing were fine, and re- sealed it. Put 4 hours on it and drained the oil, no water/ no metal and operating perfect. I have since put 6 more hrs on it and seems to be fine. Couldn't have done it without this board and the expert advise given here! I thank ALL you guys for your time and advise given so freely here. And a special Thanks to Joe54!

7. Member
    Great news!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Member

9. Member
    Joe is Da Man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12