Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I know the weight but the actual size of the motor would add to the storage length of my boat and other boats I would have to think. The cowling on this motor is HUGE

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    I know the weight but the actual size of the motor would add to the storage length of my boat and other boats I would have to think. The cowling on this motor is HUGE
    I actually didn't think it was the cowling that makes this motor look big, but the middle and lower unit areas. Of course they were very streamlined, if that helps.

3. Member
    Don with the new V6 4 strokes are the Verado's days numbered or do they have different target customers.
    I was thinking maybe the V6 was more of a high performance bass boat engine to replace an Optimax and the Verado's would be more for a center console, runabouts or pontoons???

4. Member
    When are these available to consumers for re-powering? Looking at options to replace my dead Yam SHO 200.

5. Banned
    Pretty hideous, if I get an opinion. Lol

remember no oil tank and hoses, so it really is lighter than Pro XS. these are a motor that grows on ya, My Vrod was said to be ugly and big but now the ones who have been around it say the SHO is bigger.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

7. Member
    The look of verados grew on me. I actually like the way they look now. I was drawn to the new 4 stroke look but now appreciate my black mammoth. I did some mods to decals... took some off added some. Makes a big diff cosmetically

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja 252 View Post
    Don with the new V6 4 strokes are the Verado's days numbered or do they have different target customers.
    I was thinking maybe the V6 was more of a high performance bass boat engine to replace an Optimax and the Verado's would be more for a center console, runabouts or pontoons???
    The 4 cylinder Verado is done. Aside from that, imagine we will continue to see the larger ones around for some time.

As far as availability to consumers- we have one on order and expect it to ship in May.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    I hope the V-6 Verado Pro’s are not done.

Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    I hope the V-6 Verado Pro’s are not done.
    I believe so but who knows?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    The 4 cylinder Verado is done. Aside from that, imagine we will continue to see the larger ones around for some time.

As far as availability to consumers- we have one on order and expect it to ship in May.
    I'm seriously thinking about getting one, so please post your impressions when you get it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12