Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    One improvement would be to eliminate weigh in at the ramp. Put an observer in each boat and use the MLF format of weigh and release. Also better on the fish and the fishery.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133409

2. Member
    They are all going to load at 2 o’clock even with MLF style fishing.

Paul,There was a benefit tournament last Saturday at Flipper’s and will be a cystitis fibrosis/benefit tournament this week as well. I usually try to fish/donate to these type tournaments but unable to this year.That’s reason ramp was full.
    Last edited by pantherdad; 05-24-2024 at 07:05 AM.

My buddy puts on the Cystic Fibrosis one every year it usually has a really good turnout.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

4. Member
    I agree. There needs to be a permit requirement in order to have a tournament. A fee large enough that it would supplement conservation and would also deter some of the smaller tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dollar View Post
    I agree. There needs to be a permit requirement in order to have a tournament. A fee large enough that it would supplement conservation and would also deter some of the smaller tournaments.
    I agree. If there was a permit required with a several hundred permit fee this would eliminate most of the smaller pot tournaments. These fees would be passed onto anglers but it would allow money for management of the tournaments and fishery.
    It has been this way for years and for me, I have all but given up on our local fishery. In the process of switching over entirely to saltwater fishing, at least there is more room. My new boat will be for sale soon as intend on replacing it with a saltwater boat.

On my way to Florida monthly on I-65 as I make my way on Ray Scott highway south of Montgomery, AL, I wish he was never born, personally I think he may have done a few things for conservation, self serving at best, but ruined recreational fishing.
    I have had most of them, some are just better than others.

One last thought. Unless it is maybe a not for profit/benefit tournament there should be not for profit use of public resources for profit. Imagine public ball fields and golf courses over run with tournaments daily around the clock benefiting a tournament organizer.
    Tournament organizers should build their own play ground like the NFL, NBA, NBL.

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PT180 View Post
    One last thought. Unless it is maybe a not for profit/benefit tournament there should be not for profit use of public resources for profit. Imagine public ball fields and golf courses over run with tournaments daily around the clock benefiting a tournament organizer.
    Tournament organizers should build their own play ground like the NFL, NBA, NBL.
    I agree with this.

8. Member
    Toledo Bend is a big lake with lots of ramps, but on the weekend you still have to get to the ramp about 4- 4:30 AM to get a parking place this time of the year.There are some that like to take up three parking spots.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT180 View Post
    Am I wrong or is the state of Tennessee not building the Titans new stadium??

10. Member
    If any one is going to old hickory in next few days Please be careful. That river if a freaking mess and muddy. Creeks are ok.

11. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pantherdad View Post
    If any one is going to old hickory in next few days Please be careful. That river if a freaking mess and muddy. Creeks are ok.
    Good info. I'm heading to our place in FL tomorrow. Hoping to bloody the deck with a few snappers next week.

I don’t agree with the Titan stadium funding either, they should pay to play, not a fan either. I do think the economic impact will be greater than the cost. Don’t see that in Bass fishing, as is pointed out in numerous sources, bass tournaments and the pros have very few followers in the scheme of things very few non-related/ non-endemic followers. Randy even said so ��

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12