Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    This is why the MLF cup deal where they go to a mystery lake is the future, there have whispers about some Elite series wins this year being seeded fish.
    So when MLF tells them they are in Vadalia LA the pros can't figure out the lakes within 90 miles of that location and get info?

Haha

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    PVC or thin gauge plastic pipe. Sonar is picking up the air trapped in the pipe. If you purge the air out is doesn't show up on sonar. As D.O.C 989 said if it gets lots of algae build up over time they will start showing up some then.
    If you have to buy the pipe,black roll nylon pipe is cheaper.

3. Banned
    Its called PE pipe, can be bought at a utility supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    PVC or thin gauge plastic pipe. Sonar is picking up the air trapped in the pipe. If you purge the air out is doesn't show up on sonar. As D.O.C 989 said if it gets lots of algae build up over time they will start showing up some then.
    Ok, I couldn't get my head around brush not showing up. PVC not showing makes allot more sense.
    "NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC"
    Toby Keith

Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    This is why the MLF cup deal where they go to a mystery lake is the future, there have whispers about some Elite series wins this year being seeded fish.
    Strange, that is what I heard about the BPT guys. After all, they only have to catch a bunch of small fish to win. We all know those size of fish move in first.
    "NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC"
    Toby Keith

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Truth.

Its OK for them to fish what others put in but if you put it in yourself and fish it then they call foul.
    Yep when they had a major draw down on a local lake i spent all winter putting out brush and building structure. on another lake we are always putting out brush even the guides put out brush eventually it always get found by some one, but for i disagree with it being wrong because others are to lazy to do it, i dont know how to read all these big electronics and put my bait in front of a fish like a video game but i dont call for all electronice to banned either LOL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kindlel View Post
    Sounds like he has donated plenty of money to Curt over the years lol

Say what you'd like Mr. Kindle. All I know is win or lose I can hold my head high and say that I haven't had receipts provided to tournament directors where I've purchased massive amounts of crawdads from the bait store, been booted from a trail or have to live with the fact that my fellow competitors think that I'm a fraud.

8. Banned
    How did this evolve to an anti-brush vs brush argument.

Just speaking for myself, but im sure others have similar feelings on the matter....IM NOT AGAINST PLANTING FISH HABITAT. Planting fish habitat is an absolute must, in some lakes more than others (one of my home lakes being one of them that needs all the help it can get).

My point of contention, and what seems like cheating from a fans/potential tourney fisherman....is the planting of freshly cut logs, brush, bushes, trees, etc... very shortly before a tournament day. And how by doing that there is an intention of creating a secret hole its safe to say no one else knows about due to the recency of it being put there. If there was no intention of creating a secret hole, trying to uneven the playing field against the rest of the field....I dont think planting it last minute before tourney day would be the easiest way to go about things.

Then....Ill go on to say that yes, very shortly after planting habitat it will attract fish like a magnet. yea, im an idiot according to some of the BBC habitat experts and dominant sticks for saying that.......so lets circle back to the winners interview. He mentioned "green" brush. By this im pretty sure he means fresh brush. I dont think "green" brush will stay "green" for weeks or months on end. So yea, I cant say how many hours from drop to catch happened....but going off the interview its safe to say it was pretty freshly cut and placed. So yea Ill admit im wrong just so the BBC experts can scroll past....but im not wrong going off the information presented. Im not going off anything more or anything less.

ANOTHER THING....the guy that caught them will outfish me by a mile, just like he would everyone (even the dominant crappie tournament sticks) thats posted in this thread. The guy is a great fisherman for sure. you cant win a fishing tournament not knowing what youre doing. SO....im firmly stating that the guy is an actual stick and i mean no disrespect toward him. MY POINT about him....kinda goes to why I dont think a rule change would be a bad idea. He's a local....and we've had locals tell us about their process....on top of him being a local he is able to take the time to do the stuff....even locals cant really do what some of these guys do. Yea, you can see it as outworking everyone.....but I see spending hours on the lake (WHICH EVERYONE CAN DO) as outworking someone, I dont see planting secret green brush very shortly before the tourney (NOT EVERYONE CAN DO, and even amoung locals only a minority can take that time since they more than likely have a 9-5 or something to pay bills) as outworking everyone else. hard to put in the work when its an impossibility to even attempt to put in the work.

LASTLY....no one said planting a brush pile=a tourney win. you all keep taking extra so itll fit your arguments and end up arguing things no one is saying. (i.e. discrediting the guys win...no idea how that started). Trust me....ive planted plenty of stuff and I dont always catch off those hole. As hard as it may be for (SOME) of you to fathom....I understand how fishing works.

Great thread that is SUPER eye opening! good stuff
    Last edited by dmc575; 10-09-2019 at 12:09 PM.

9. Member
    You don't think green brush stays green for weeks so that makes it so? As usual you are wrong again. Fresh cut green willow will stay green for as long as 7 or 8 weeks. If you're as knowledgable about fishing as you say you are and can read maps and interpret what your graph is showing like you have said you can then it's not hard to find this stuff. Simply a matter of putting it all together. You have a problem with someone who may be better at that than you that is your fault. Get better at it. There will always be someone better at it than you or me. Simply put it's not cheating if there is no specific rule disallowing it. Again just because you and others opine that it's cheating doesn't make it so. Check the rules and determine whats legal or not from that, that's all that matters. it's fine you can have your opinion but if it's not against the law or rules your opinion carries no weight at tournament If legal it doesn't matter if the green brush is put in an hour after the tx stars and you catch the winning weight off it by the end of the tx time. The argument is weak that winning wieghts dominate the field from green brush. I don't think there is any extra added here but i'm sure you will try and find some.

10. Member
    is it "fair" that the Chiefs play on Sunday with Patrick Mahomes and the Jets are playing with Folk? the point of competition is winning...and if you are fishing a high level tournament like the Costas then i'm pretty sure you aren't worried about a dude planting brush piles.....I'd be more worried that i'm fishing against Jason Christie then the fact that i'm fishing against some dude planting brush...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    is it "fair" that the Chiefs play on Sunday with Patrick Mahomes and the Jets are playing with Folk? the point of competition is winning...and if you are fishing a high level tournament like the Costas then i'm pretty sure you aren't worried about a dude planting brush piles.....I'd be more worried that i'm fishing against Jason Christie then the fact that i'm fishing against some dude planting brush...

Maybe you should check some tournament results where Christie fished against the dude planting brush, then decide who you're worried about.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    You don't think green brush stays green for weeks so that makes it so? As usual you are wrong again. Fresh cut green willow will stay green for as long as 7 or 8 weeks. If you're as knowledgable about fishing as you say you are and can read maps and interpret what your graph is showing like you have said you can then it's not hard to find this stuff. Simply a matter of putting it all together. You have a problem with someone who may be better at that than you that is your fault. Get better at it. There will always be someone better at it than you or me. Simply put it's not cheating if there is no specific rule disallowing it. Again just because you and others opine that it's cheating doesn't make it so. Check the rules and determine whats legal or not from that, that's all that matters. it's fine you can have your opinion but if it's not against the law or rules your opinion carries no weight at tournament If legal it doesn't matter if the green brush is put in an hour after the tx stars and you catch the winning weight off it by the end of the tx time. The argument is weak that winning wieghts dominate the field from green brush. I don't think there is any extra added here but i'm sure you will try and find some.

We will take your word on how long "green" brush stays green since you are an expert, and im just some random person on the internet talking...which is not exactly what you are doing...im sure.

Since you dont understand how analogies work, and you think I called myself Donald Trump, ill use a picture for you this time. you are too easy bud. Like I just planted a brush pile next you or something. Glad i can help get through your day amigo.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortDog918 View Post
    Maybe you should check some tournament results where Christie fished against the dude planting brush, then decide who you're worried about.
    that was kind of tongue in cheek....I wouldn't be fishing against either one because I know my limitations

14. Banned
    You guys....lol

back in the late 70's into the 80's Biffee won enough money to buy Gibson, off all the brush piles he planted on Gibson..

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    We will take your word on how long "green" brush stays green since you are an expert, and im just some random person on the internet talking...which is not exactly what you are doing...im sure.

Since you dont understand how analogies work, and you think I called myself Donald Trump, ill use a picture for you this time. you are too easy bud. Like I just planted a brush pile next you or something. Glad i can help get through your day amigo.

It's all good amigo, your the joker lol that's proven that by your many usernames.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    It's all good amigo, your the joker lol that's proven that by your many usernames.
    *you're

18. Member
    After reading this, it's obvious that 90% of the people on here have never put out brush.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    After reading this, it's obvious that 90% of the people on here have never put out brush.
    And the 10% that did are Cheaters.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    what about the people who are not tournament fisherman so have very little insights into the "underbelly" of tourney fishing, that have planted brush, but still feel it is an unfair advantage to plant "green" brush?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast