Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

X19 200SHO Performance?

I'm thinking about purchasing an X19 w/200SHO in the near future and was wanting to get a little info about the performance, it will have a 10" hydraulic jack plate, not sure about the prop, 26-27 pitch I assume.. What kind of top speed can be achieved with this combo, without killing the holeshot? I usually fish solo with a light load, so it won't be heavy...thanks!!

2. Member
    I have this boat on our showroom floor, and delivered one just like it to a guy in Mississippi. His boat is running in the 75MPH range with a 6 inch jack plate,25P PowerTech prop. The boat I have in stock now has a 10" jack plate, and we are looking for 78-80 with the right prop.We have a 12" Hydraulic jack plate that we are going to try as well. Stay tuned.Bad ass X 19 003.jpgBad ass X 19 005.jpgBad ass X 19 007.jpg

3. Member
    I thought about a 12", just wasn't sure if it would be better, I'm used to fishing at 90+, so 80 would be great!!!!

4. Member
    if memory recalls me correctly jr225ho said he had his running in that range. it may still be for sale
    02 xpress X19,01 OX66 200
    blade boy

5. Member
    Yes, it's still for sale. I think he has a Bob's 12 inch hydraulic jack plate, so he would be the on to ask. Not sure which prop he's running. It's on our website. Versailles, Kentucky, Veranda, Xpress, Yamaha, boat, outboard motor, dealer, new, used, pre-owned, parts, accessories, service, financing, brokerage

6. Member
    I caught up with jr200SHO today, and he is running 84 MPH with the Bob's Hydraulic jack plate. I thought that was the number, but I wanted to make sure.

7. Member
    That's a great number!!!!!!! One more question, can the non skid floor be added to any model, or just the hunting package? I like the idea of not having carpet!!!

8. Member
    They will put it on any model.

9. Member
    Wow, I'm not getting nowhere close to those numbers, didn't think the SHO made that big of difference. I have a 3.3 HPDI and 12" Z-Lock with the 23 powertech (4" below), best I ever got 67 mph. Super stronge hole shot but only running 5700 wot.

10. Member
    PM him, because he is very good setting up these boats.

11. Member
    I think the SHO is quiet a bit stronger than the HPDI, esp the 200's

12. Xpress Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent_B View Post
    Wow, I'm not getting nowhere close to those numbers, didn't think the SHO made that big of difference. I have a 3.3 HPDI and 12" Z-Lock with the 23 powertech (4" below), best I ever got 67 mph. Super stronge hole shot but only running 5700 wot.
    I'm not an expert on your rig,but i can see some setup issues in what you posted.#1.Your motor is to low,and most likely chines pretty good because of it,and your not trimming out as much to keep it from chine walking.#2.You need a bigger prop,and most likely try a few different ones and see what works.I would think a 25 yamaha would be good to try for starters.#3.Make shure your motor is getting wide open when the trottle is all the way down.The SHO is faster than the V Max,but not by 17 mph.This info should get you closer to where you need to be.

13. Member
    "Chines pretty good" is right, I ask the dealer about the motor height and was told it's where it should be. I'll come up an inch at a time and see what happens. A friend has a Yam Pro Series 25 I'll see if I can try. Was never concerned much about high speed but I'd like to get the most out of my boat. Thanks a ton for your help Spanky.

14. Moderator
    Just to clarify things, I hit 84 when I am trying, tournament load 2 people, full tank, etc... I am right at 80. Trent, your setup definently needs some attention. Why don't you start a new thread so we don't highjack Bullets. Dealer might of set your motor height for 6" or 10" JP. 12" will bring the motor higher. I wouldn't recommend 1" at a time maybe 1/2" at most. The Pro Series is a step in the right direction.
    2013 Xpress X-21 Team - Yamaha 250SHO - 12" Hydraulic

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr200SHO View Post
    Just to clarify things, I hit 84 when I am trying, tournament load 2 people, full tank, etc... I am right at 80. Trent, your setup definently needs some attention. Why don't you start a new thread so we don't highjack Bullets. Dealer might of set your motor height for 6" or 10" JP. 12" will bring the motor higher. I wouldn't recommend 1" at a time maybe 1/2" at most. The Pro Series is a step in the right direction.
    WOW, is all i can say about that!i'm impressed. i thought full tourney load would bring it right down.when i run my older x19, i can only run mid 60's, but throw anouther guy in the boat , and that drops down to mid fifties!

am i to be more impressed with the hull, set up, or the engine choice?
    blade boy

16. Moderator
    IMHO when your chacing speed in an Xpress it as much about the torque as it is HP. Like a 3+Liter 200 motor might be 5+ mph faster the a 2.6 or less liter motor on the same boat. Since there is not very much built in setback you need the torque to help carry the weight. Its also why you see a lot of 10" and more setback on a lot of Xpress's.

17. mikesxpress
    SHO GPH fuel consumption compared to a normal 2 stroke?
    I think you will be suprised at the answer.......

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr200SHO View Post
    IMHO when your chacing speed in an Xpress it as much about the torque as it is HP. Like a 3+Liter 200 motor might be 5+ mph faster the a 2.6 or less liter motor on the same boat. Since there is not very much built in setback you need the torque to help carry the weight. Its also why you see a lot of 10" and more setback on a lot of Xpress's.

actually ,I am runnin a 10 inch hydraulic with those numbers!

i'll get off this, i feel i'm stealing a thread!
    blade boy

19. Member
    Don't worry about hijacking my thread, these are all good replies, I want to learn the different setup opinions.... There will be a lot to learn going from Bullet's to xpress!!!

20. Moderator
    jsawler, I was replying to Trent's post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast