Older EZ loader axle replacement

Hello Gents
    Smoked the spindle on the rear axle on an older ez loader trailer ( I suck) . One piece axle (that sucks) Contacted the company and they said the plant that makes that years parts closed they have none available and they would custom build one for me, sent me an sheet for dimensions. Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and where you able to find one local, or from another trailer co. looking to stay away from a 1200 dollar axle and 400-500 to ship

I do appreciate any and all info thanks boys

2. Member
    Any local trailer shop should be able to fabricate an axle for much less than that.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Any local trailer shop should be able to fabricate an axle for much less than that.

4. Member
    Go on the Eastern Marine website and look at the axles they stock, compare the measurements of your axle with the axles they sell. They should have one in stock that is really close to your measurements. It doesn’t have to be the exact measurements of your existing axle, as long as the spring hanger brackets can be welded on at the same spacing as your existing axle. The spring hanger brackets aren’t attached so they can be welded where you need them.
    The last time I helped a buddy change out his damaged axle on his trailer, I was able to find an axle for about $175 on the Eastern Marine website.
    Last edited by Blair B; 05-26-2024 at 02:44 PM.

5. Member
    championtrailers.com - I used them for the axle replacement for my ez loader and it came with hubs,seals,bearings - the whole shibang

6. Member
    Thanks for the info gentlemen

7. Member
    Should be able to fix it. What’s wrong? Wear sleeves and new parts. Should be fine

8. Member
    the broken away bearings made large grooves into the spindle and its welded on one piece axle

9. Member
    No replaceable wear sleeves?

10. Member
    ez loader said there were no replacement parts . its a one piece axle

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy albert View Post
    ez loader said there were no replacement parts . its a one piece axle
    What year? my ez loader has wear sleeves. It’s a 08

12. Member
    I replaced my ez loader axles through a place called TexTrail. They have quite a few shops.. maybe one close to you. Either way, you could order a new axle if you get the dimensions off of yours. There should be a nameplate on your axle somewhere as well. My last axle ran right around $300!if I remember correctly. Only a year and an half ago.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

13. Member
    1998 is the year of the triailer. I will look into the tex trail. thanks guys for you help I really appreciate it