Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's not a liking JL thing. It's an overall respect for others thing to me. Do your own work, find your own fish and don't crowd the leaders off spots you hadn't been to all week.

2. Member
    Integrity is the quality of being honest and showing a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values

nice video from Randal.
    https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1TK...ibextid=0VwfS7

3. Member
    Wonder what video clip MichAngler will find this time?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

That mat is enourmous, it runs forever. It's a no brainer that a frog bite would be likely. He should have expected 20 folks thru there a day, he's lucky it was only a few. Crowding him I could understand but Gags wasn't that close to him.

5. Member
    You’re missing the entire point. He never fished it before. But it’s clear bbc doesn’t understand etiquette in fishing.

6. Member
    It happened on multiple occasions on different days. It was more than one angler coming in on them too.It's cool that you don't mind people using the bent pole pattern on you but you are not fishing for $200,000 so the impact is a little different to you. It's a big difference if you really think about it.

Two guys shared that water all week with one another with no issues and that's because they knew the other found it and the fish legitimately. Neither Lee or Coulter are known to be potheads or even guys that cause any issues. Both just didn't choose this week to call out other guys for no reason. It's because of how some others were acting.

It's not a liking JL thing. It's an overall respect for others thing to me. Do your own work, find your own fish and don't crowd the leaders off spots you hadn't been to all week.
    I can agree with most of that but it's like you said, these guys are fishing for $200K. I really don't blame anyone for picking up a frog rod. Doesn't matter if it's day one or day four. I probably wouldn't do it though. Hollow bodied frog fishing isn't my thing.

7. Member
    Tournament people get wound up pretty tight pretty often. #MakeFishingFunAgain

8. Member
    Should have sent him an anonymous letter.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

Quote Originally Posted by Drahts View Post
    That mat is enourmous, it runs forever. It's a no brainer that a frog bite would be likely. He should have expected 20 folks thru there a day, he's lucky it was only a few. Crowding him I could understand but Gags wasn't that close to him.

You figure if it was so enormous and such a no brainer that a lot of guys would have been there every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Drahts View Post
    I've seen those mats, for someone to claim one as their own is ludicrous.

11. Member
    I can’t understand for the life of me where in the rules, written or unwritten that you can’t switch to a frog if you’ve been throwing a jig…. Or vice versa.. I mean, most of these guys have 20 rods on deck all day… I junk fish… I’ll flip, throw a spinnerbait, swim a worm, or rip a frog on 1 stretch of bank wherever I’m at… depends on cover I’m looking at…

Some folks just don't get it------------thus these issues continue to get worse as we "grow the sport"

13. Member
    It happened on multiple occasions on different days. It was more than one angler coming in on them too.It's cool that you don't mind people using the bent pole pattern on you but you are not fishing for $200,000 so the impact is a little different to you. It's a big difference if you really think about it.

Two guys shared that water all week with one another with no issues and that's because they knew the other found it and the fish legitimately. Neither Lee or Coulter are known to be potheads or even guys that cause any issues. Both just didn't choose this week to call out other guys for no reason. It's because of how some others were acting.

What do you mean shared water all week, they were in different groups, they didn't share all week. I'm not sure how on Day 2 when the situation being discussed happened, we can claim the other angler hadn't fished it, practiced there or anything else. Sorry but you don't get 100 acres to yourself that's dumb. Last day maybe a different story but this is my spot that's bigger than a few acres is a tad much.

14. Member
    Yea I would hope any of us through out a tournament if your not catching them on one thing that just maybe you should try something different and hey I'm in Florida I'll make a complete genius move and throw a frog in matts I hope no one else has ever thought of this I wouldn't want to ride someone's coat tails

Quote Originally Posted by hawgsalot View Post
    What do you mean shared water all week, they were in different groups, they didn't share all week. I'm not sure how on Day 2 when the situation being discussed happened, we can claim the other angler hadn't fished it, practiced there or anything else. Sorry but you don't get 100 acres to yourself that's dumb. Last day maybe a different story but this is my spot that's bigger than a few acres is a tad much.
    Post 132 said it best.

16. Member
    Post 132 said it best.
    Yep
    2009 Triton 21X3 250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    2 Lowrance HDS Live 12s at bow w/ Active Target
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and 12 at console
    2 8' Power Pole Pro Series

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Some folks just don't get it------------thus these issues continue to get worse as we "grow the sport"
    I think it's the other way around.

It's a structured, governed, competition. If it's not in the rules, you're good to go.

Is there some kind of itinerary one needs to proclaim before a tournament? Or, can one react to information gathered during the tournament?

18. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Seems many just figure out which boats they need to steer clear of. I'm normally a pretty nice guy but some will say that guy on Maumelle in the black and tan Xpress is an a-holeOn the other side of the coin those that have the same on the water etiquette as me will say I'm friendly and easy going.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I think it's the other way around.
    I rest my case..

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    I can agree with most of that but it's like you said, these guys are fishing for $200K. I really don't blame anyone for picking up a frog rod. Doesn't matter if it's day one or day four. I probably wouldn't do it though. Hollow bodied frog fishing isn't my thing.
    "Hollow bodied frog fishing isn't my thing" said no one ever....just messing with ya, but I truly have never heard anyone say they didn't like a frog bite.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast