Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Maybe fishing the area around the most heavily used tourney boat ramp would be worth it..lol. the fish tended to stay close to their release area so that a good pattern I think

2. Member
    I would like to know what these same fish would do if they were constantly the victim of spray boats.

3. Member
    Thanks for sharing.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    I would like to know what these same fish would do if they were constantly the victim of spray boats.

Exactly.

5. Member
    There was a study on Toledo Bend that showed similar results. A bass close to 14 was caught in Lanan cove, and tagged . It was caught two years later, over 14, 80 yards away from it's first capture. The biologist reasoned that many bass live in a Cove, may move closer to the main lake, and may move closer to the shallow end, but never leave that Cove.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    The rest of our country could take lessons from TX on Bass fishing and Bass population. All WV cares about is stocking trout in rivers and small lakes. They could care less about Bass.
    You think that's something! Georgia owns the World Record Bass and could not care less!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    I certainy believe his assertion that the fish don't go to the very backs of creeks in the fall. Over 20 years fishing and I've never encountered it!
    Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    You think that's something! Georgia owns the World Record Bass and could not care less!
    World Record bass was caught in Japan in 2009. All Georgia is known for is being home to George Perry, a documented liar.

9. Member
    Good stuff here

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    World Record bass was caught in Japan in 2009. All Georgia is known for is being home to George Perry, a documented liar.

Truth!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Actually, the bass caught in Japan tied Perry's record. And it sounds like you have a burr in your saddle over Georgia.
    Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    The rest of our country could take lessons from TX on Bass fishing and Bass population. All WV cares about is stocking trout in rivers and small lakes. They could care less about Bass.
    If we could get them to stop spraying the hydrilla it would be really good

13. Member
    The fact that a lot of fish went to docks in mid summer is good to know. I've had zero luck catching fish shallow in fall here in Texas - glad to see this data confirm that I'm dumb, but not inept.

Great article - thanks for sharing.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    Actually, the bass caught in Japan tied Perry's record. And it sounds like you have a burr in your saddle over Georgia.

Japanese bass was 1oz bigger and we have actual documentation of it being caught, there isn’t a single pic of the Georgia sham.

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    The fact that a lot of fish went to docks in mid summer is good to know. I've had zero luck catching fish shallow in fall here in Texas - glad to see this data confirm that I'm dumb, but not inept.

Great article - thanks for sharing.

The shallow dock bite in the fall on Tawakoni and Cedar Creek can be lights out. Fall is one of my favorite times to fish. Incredible schooling action sometimes too.

16. Member
    I used to fish Toledo Bend regularly, and took someone on their first trip there. Upon arrival at the old Housen Bay Marina, he said "Look at all of that water." My guide friend looked at him and replied,"Yea, and that's just the top of it."

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The shallow dock bite in the fall on Tawakoni and Cedar Creek can be lights out. Fall is one of my favorite times to fish. Incredible schooling action sometimes too.
    Never fished Tawakoni. Seems like our tournament rotation always puts us on Cedar Creek in the spring, probably to correlate with TTO events there. It's not so much shallow I guess, but the back of the cove thing that seems to elude me.

18. Member
    I hope they do a study like this on highland reservoirs. I feel like it would be a whole lot different.

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Never fished Tawakoni. Seems like our tournament rotation always puts us on Cedar Creek in the spring, probably to correlate with TTO events there. It's not so much shallow I guess, but the back of the cove thing that seems to elude me.

I fish Cedar Creek shallow year round. We usually do pretty well out there. Rarely fish it deeper than5'.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerBob52O View Post
    I hope they do a study like this on highland reservoirs. I feel like it would be a whole lot different.
    Agree 100%. Giant creek arms here with Shad everywhere and bass schooling. Come back 2 weeks later, you can side scan and it looks like the surface of the moon. No life in sight. They go somewhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast