Help updating with One Boat Network App

I just installed an Ultrex Quest and am trying to update software but running into problems.
    I have it paired to my iPhone and it is connected to the One Boat app. It’s also connected to my Solix 12.
    The app shows available updates for
    Minn Kota Motor 4.0 package - available package 2.250
    Minn Kota Controller 4.0 - available update 2.240
    Motor: Ultrex 2.0 - available update 1.090

I’ve tried downloading the 4.0 package. My phone shows “ downloading” for a long time, like 10 minutes. The progress bar gets all the way to the far right. Then it seems to give up and not complete the download.

my network app is up to date. I have a good cellular and WiFi connection. Are there any good videos or written instructions for this or has anyone else had problems?

The software support page on the Minn Kota website doesn’t list the Quest.

appreciate your help!

2. Member
    Download to a USB drive from the website and then update through your Solix...is the best way

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    Thanks
    Yes sir...no problem

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The "Download" process doesn't need any connection to your Humminbird or Minn Kota equipment and can be done any time via WiFi (or cellular if you have that in your settings). The "Downolad" step merely downloads the update to your phone. Don't be impatient on the Minn Kota updates as there are more than one file that gets downloaded. It's the "Transfer" step where you need to be connected to your fishing "stuff". That is the part that is done via Bluetooth.

I posted this a while back...

The One-Boat Network App update process for the Helix/Solix/Apex is much improved over the previous FishSmart App update process. With the One-Boat Network App, updating your Helix/Solix/Apex is a 3 step low risk process. There is no more risk updating through the One-Boat Network App as there is downloading the update from a computer to a SD card... it will just take a lot longer to do the download via Bluetooth.

1) When you have been notified, on the One-Boat Network App Network+Updates page, that there is an update for one or more of your units, press the "Download" button to download the update to your phone via WiFi or Cellular (depending on your location and phone settings).

2) After the update has been downloaded to your phone, make sure your phone is Bluetooth connected to the device you will be updating, insert a blank 32GB or less SD Card in your unit, and press the "Transfer" button. The update will then be transferred from your phone to the SD card in the l device via Bluetooth. This is not actually updating your device at this point, so there is no risk of "Bricking" your unit because of a Bluetooth interruption. Just start the transfer again and it will resume where it left off. Because this is Bluetooth, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours depending on the device and Update size. There will be a progress bar on the unit, so you know the status.

3) When the transfer is complete, the update will be on the SD card in your unit and the actual process at this point is the same as if you downloaded the update to your computer and copied it to the SD Card. Those directions vary for Helix/Solix/Apex, so see the Humminbird Software Update page if you need additional directions.

Note 1: Although the transfer to the card in the unit will take longer via the One-Boat Network App , it will be the exact update you need for your specific unit(s). Many people have had update issues in the past because they downloaded the wrong update for their specific model, or improperly transferred the update to the card... especially Helix, since there are so many model varieties. This shouldn't happen with the app.

Note 2: if your Unit wasn't already updated to a recent update Level, you will have to do an update to the current software update level (the computer transfer way) before the One-Boat Network App will recognize that there is an available update.

Note 3: For those worried about the One-Boat Network App update process "Bricking" your unit and having to send it to Humminbird, this process is no more risky than the old computer transfer method... probably even less risky since the One-Boat Network App knows your specific model and the exact update you need.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    Simple enough to download to USB and insert into unit....OBN network app will automatically show updated software version if connected to phone via Bluetooth..
    Last edited by Verkeith; 05-26-2024 at 08:51 AM.