HDS Live 12 vs HDS Live 16

I have dual HDS Live 9's on my bow. I use one of the 9's for AT-1. I want to upgrade this unit to a HDS Live 12 or 16.
    I have compaired my 9" to a 12" with the AT-1 and I really like the 12" difference and feel the 12" is worth the money.
    My question, is there a big difference to seeing the AT with a 16" vs a 12"? Would it be worth the $1000 difference?

Thanks!

2. Member
    I went from Live 12 to Pro 16 and if you look at the resolution it is a very big jump in detail, Especially for AT usage. While the 12 was good the jump to 16 was very noticelable and I have enough room on the 16 I don't really need 2 units at the bow.

3. Member
    I had two 12 Lives on the bow, and upgraded to two 16 Pros when I added a second AT2. It makes a huge difference IMHO, and gives me more options for combo screens or dual AT on one with other screens on the other.

Buy once, cry once… life is short.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    I went from Live 12 to Pro 16 and if you look at the resolution it is a very big jump in detail, Especially for AT usage. While the 12 was good the jump to 16 was very noticelable and I have enough room on the 16 I don't really need 2 units at the bow.
    I agree with this. I went from a 12 to a 16 and it is a very big difference especially for AT.

5. Member
    HDS-16 has full HD resolution, 1920x1080, the 12" version has 1280x800.

6. Member
    So does the 16 show better detail on SI and DI?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    So does the 16 show better detail on SI and DI?
    OVer the HDS12 absolutely resolution is resolution and the 16 is higher resolution. Does not matter what you look at it more detail and finner image.

8. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I had a HDS Live 12 at the console and a HDS Live 12 and a Carbon 12 on the bow. I purchased a Pro 16 for the bow and added a second AT2. I ended up putting the Pro 16 on the console and switching to the HD 3N1 on the transom and moving the Live 12 to the bow. I'll eventually replace the Carbon with a Pro but other than a little bit of interference (even with the blue wires connected) on the scout mode from the forward mode ducer when aiming into shallow water everything is good.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I had a HDS Live 12 at the console and a HDS Live 12 and a Carbon 12 on the bow. I purchased a Pro 16 for the bow and added a second AT2. I ended up putting the Pro 16 on the console and switching to the HD 3N1 on the transom and moving the Live 12 to the bow. I'll eventually replace the Carbon with a Pro but other than a little bit of interference (even with the blue wires connected) on the scout mode from the forward mode ducer when aiming into shallow water everything is good.

Do you find the SI/DI to be better now with the Pro model or is it about the same as before?

10. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    The 1.2 is better than the 800, but for most of what I'm doing so far the 455 is still best. I wouldn't upgrade for it, but it was just $100 to get the HD ducer with the Pro 16 so I figured why not

11. Member
    I have been using a HDS 16 as a dedicated AT screen for a few seasons now. Prior to that i used a HDS 12 and can say the 16 is much better.