Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrythedane View Post
    Attachment 550695Attachment 550693Attachment 550694We just finished a complete reno last week. Removed the jet tub and gutted everything to the studs. I have an enclosed shower as well. We tiled behind the vanity and the shower ceiling and walls above the enclosed unit. Here are a couple of pics.
    That looks great. Wife's remodel (walk in shower, etc) should be finished by the end of the month. She also went with white tiling. I'll load pics when it's complete.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B-man715 View Post
    Dumb first post for me, but I remodeled ours a couple years ago over a course of the winter.

Got rid of the whirlpool tub and fiberglass shower, and put in a walk in shower. Also built a vanity from scratch.

Really don't have much for completed pics, but here's a few anyway

It was a fun, rewarding and time consuming project lol

Attachment 386951Attachment 386952Attachment 386953
    Love that shower!

3. Member
    Have a plan on what you want and don't. I have done 2 trust me.

4. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Here is a couple pics of the parlor and dining room went with grey ,they were dark brown and lighter brown big difference B40F294D-A03D-4CFC-8910-AA04463DE70F.jpeg. EF159E98-4404-4AC0-BE42-F9B668F15BC9.jpeg. EBEA95D4-B026-49AB-91BD-08D500609375.jpeg 03754B8E-E939-4458-A014-FA5A6F633C92.jpeg
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

5. Member
    We just did a rebuild on our master bathroom last year, 30 year old house. New walk in shower, sinks, fixtuers, mirrors, lights, and paint. Paid a local to do the job, was worth the time and money. Only mistake picked a color paint that looked good in store was a different color on walls. still not bad...Working on Project number 2 now, deck down and haul off, concreat pad 20 by 20 done, roof over pad in july, ...

6. Member
    Did a to the studs remodel of our master bath last year. I'm a programmer, but good with carpentry, wiring, plumbing and tiling, so I did all but the drywall finishing. Took longer than I thought it would, but we have 2 other full bathrooms. Wife loves the results. I have never used "her" bathroom. I do like the look of the large format tile she picked out though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John

Nice job!
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

8. Member
    Friend of mine just did his bathroom and installed a bidet. He claims once you try one, you can never go back. Today’s bidet apparently comes with multiple jets, Bluetooth remote to direct and save jet setting, and water heater to warm the spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanboat View Post
    Friend of mine just did his bathroom and installed a bidet. He claims once you try one, you can never go back. Today’s bidet apparently comes with multiple jets, Bluetooth remote to direct and save jet setting, and water heater to warm the spray.
    Have a friend that put in one of those high-dollar toilets that are heated, bidet, etc. They ain't cheap. Wife had several back surgeries, and the bidet was a marriage saver. I've seen them go for as much as $13K!
    2016 Nitro Z21

10. Member
    Haven't read the whole thread. Use nail plates over every water lines and electrical wire.

If redoing shower, I recommend using a prefabricated pan instead of tile. Most diy guys can not get a mud pan and tile sloped perfect to the drain.

Put at least one gfci horizontal right above where vanity back splash will be

11. Member
    With thirty five years in the business i Always say there are two types of tile layers, those that can do backsplashes and floors and those who correctly know how to build a shower.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Strip it down to the studs and start from there.
    Do this

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Have a friend that put in one of those high-dollar toilets that are heated, bidet, etc. They ain't cheap. Wife had several back surgeries, and the bidet was a marriage saver. I've seen them go for as much as $13K!
    We just did ours and added a bidet. It is outstanding! Heated seat and heated water. You use very little TP and you feel SOOOOOO much more clean. It was a seat that you add to your existing toilet. $600. And it's a nice one. That along with the heated floors are my favorite part of the remodel.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Probably the best advice you'll see today!
    I live in a mobile home with a single bathroom. Had to go to the gym for 4 days while my bathroom was remodeled. Just glad the contractor was a friend who stayed on the job until finished.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234