Thread: Point 1

Point 1

Got a question for you guys..point 1 installed, under data source point 1 has a selection of (point 1) option and (auto point 1) option. I’ve tried both but my map keeps spinning while fishing offshore. Also, I have calibrated it a couple times. Don’t know what to do at this point??

2. Member
    Under data source for what? GPS (position) or heading? It is the latter that stops your map from spinning.

The difference between auto or not, is that with auto the unit will choose another source if the P1 is not available on the network.

3. Member
    Where is the Point ONE antenna? picture?

4. Member
    It would also be helpful to know what trolling motor you have.

I ran a motorguide tour pro for a while and had to change the point 1 instance id to 001 so it would be the default gps and heading source.

5. Member
    First thing to do is verify your point 1 is working. Go to Pages/settings/network/Device List does it show up on that list if yes then you are good if not you have a NMEA 2000 problem. Next go the Data source on Network set your console GPS to point 1 NEVER Auto, Then go to Vessel and verify all those items are set to point 1 NO auto. Then Go to Bow unit set GPS to IGPS in your unit the internal GPS and Vessel to Point 1. This all assumes you have your POint 1 mounted back by the transom. If Not, all I will say Good Luck

6. Member
    I already have everything set up this way so it must be where it’s mounted on the boat. I have it by the console. I guess I’ll try moving it and see what happens??

7. Member
    In Network settings on each unit of the boat you want to select- Heading- Point one. GPS selection does not really matter. If you are on the bow select GPS- Internal, Heading- Point One

If you have a Point one antenna on the front of the boat you would want your GPS to be set on Point one. Most guys only put the Point one antenna on the rear.

If it is still spinning you need to check ot see if you have any magnetic interfearance near the antenna.
    Carson Orellana