Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I don't think one single person has stated anything close to that at all. You just don't run up to the leaders spot and start fishing the water they are fishing especially while they are fishing it. Its not terribly hard to understand. Its respect and courtesy.
    It's not stated that way but It's the way I read some of them. But yeah I agree one shouldn't move in on another's spot (not nessessarely speaking area) and should stay away a certain distance.

I don't think one single person has stated anything close to that at all. You just don't run up to the leaders spot and start fishing the water they are fishing especially while they are fishing it. Its not terribly hard to understand. Its respect and courtesy.
    Getting to be less of this............

Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    It's not stated that way but It's the way I read some of them. But yeah I agree one shouldn't move in on another's spot (not nessessarely speaking area) and should stay away a certain distance.

I don't think Lee or Coulter had any issue with other people throwing a frog. I think tgey had issue with people coming in on them that hadn't fished that area all week.

I don't think Lee or Coulter had any issue with other people throwing a frog. I think tgey had issue with people coming in on them that hadn't fished that area all week.

I think Coulter told Salzman or someone, "You weren't even throwing a frog yesterday" ....... Or something like that. Maybe that's what the above was referring to.

5. Member
    How would Coulter know what he was throwing if he wasn't fishing there?

Quote Originally Posted by strugglebus View Post
    How would Coulter know what he was throwing if he wasn't fishing there?

Don't know maybe they spoke at the end of the day........ no idea really. Just what I heard during live.

Isn't successful fishing about checking a progression of possibilities?

I get what you are saying about fishing a bent pole pattern, but anyone in this tournament should be a pretty confident fisherman and is past that tactic by a long way.

It seems to me that a fisherman working his way through a progression of possibilities would lead to fishing water that someone else was fishing a lot more often than intentionally crowding a fisherman that was having success.

In this age of "anything goes in a tournament, so long as it's not forbidden in the written rules", I don't see anything wrong with what anyone has done here.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Salt water guys call it “pot licking” as in “here comes a pot licker”.

I’ve always liked that description.
    I’ve never heard that before. I’ll start using that from now on.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

I get what you are saying about fishing a bent pole pattern, but anyone in this tournament should be a pretty confident fisherman and is past that tactic by a long way.

It seems to me that a fisherman working his way through a progression of possibilities would lead to fishing water that someone else was fishing a lot more often than intentionally crowding a fisherman that was having success.

In this age of "anything goes in a tournament, so long as it's not forbidden in the written rules", I don't see anything wrong with what anyone has done here.
    Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

You'll catch a limit with that post for sure.

11. DINK CATCHER
    Last weekend a friend of mine sent a jig into the side of a guys Tracker after he came in within 20' of him and started fishing. When the antagonist says "fvck you it's public water" them's fighting words. People who crowd others on the water to the point where their boat can be hit with a good long cast need to be knocked in the head.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Don't know maybe they spoke at the end of the day........ no idea really. Just what I heard during live.
    I wasnt questioning you, I was more questioning Coulter. lol I heard him say that too. Feel bad for Coulter, he was smashing them te other days. Was interesting that he started flipping but Lee kept frogging all day and hit that short window where he caught pretty much all his weight in like 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthunter5 View Post
    got a time stamp on this?
    4:42

https://majorleaguefishing.com/videos/2171622/

Not really trying to catch anyone, just provoke some thought.

If anyone is going to automatically reject what I’ve presented because it doesn’t follow tournament fisherman conventions, so be it.
    Last edited by 188Musky; 05-24-2024 at 11:10 PM.

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    He talks about integrity at 4:42 with Gagliardi in the background but the interaction where he actually calls out Dylan Hayes in person is at the 5:00 mark
    Last edited by JR19; 05-25-2024 at 12:13 AM.

16. Member
    All I know is don't fish Murray if your going to get your panties in a bunch because someone else is fishing your hole with the same bait ,hell you can't hardly move 100 yards and someone has your spot they call it rotation move you loose

So what is the definition of "in the area". What is the distance that should be between boats fishing the same tourney?

18. DINK CATCHER
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    All I know is don't fish Murray if your going to get your panties in a bunch because someone else is fishing your hole with the same bait ,hell you can't hardly move 100 yards and someone has your spot they call it rotation move you loose
    Spot rotation is fine because it's first come first serve. It's when someone's already there and you come in on top of them that causes the problem. You sound like the type that gets chewed out by people like me and then acts childish when people call you out for your inconsiderate BS.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Originally Posted by 188Musky

Yep he is well on his way and will be culling soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    He talks about integrity at 4:42 with Gagliardi in the background but the interaction where he actually calls out Dylan Hayes in person is at the 5:00 mark
    Thanks, I hadn't seen that part of it...

A few thoughts...

That's a really big area to be claiming all to yourself and just trolling around playing defense and not fishing. Kinda like Micheal Neal did to Adraian Avena recently, although that was a much smaller area. I mean, look at Okeechobee earlier this year. You could practically walk from boat to boat.

Now, I will preface this by saying I am a Jordan Lee fan. I was really happy he came back to BASS. BUT... I would supspet some of the current MLF anglers don't really care about JL seeing as he bailed on them and is back in this one tourney, I can see some of them saying F$ck what JL thinks I will do what I want.

(Edited due to context)
    Last edited by 78Staff; 05-26-2024 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Editing due to context

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast