Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    Hank Williams Cheating Heart song would go great with all these posts. I can't seem to make it happen.
    Here ya go, gaston...

Who controls John Gill?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    Yikes

4. Member
    https://www.myarklamiss.com/louisiana-news/louisiana-man-arrested-for-putting-weights-in-fish-for-contest/
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Here ya go, gaston...

Thank You, I'm gonna play it for our club weigh-in tomorrow. Recovering from a rotator cuff repair and will have a small hernia fixed Thursday so all I can do is provide the entertainment.

It would be a bad deal to unknowingly catch a previously released fish with lead in it then find it out at the weigh in. That would be my luck.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    It would be a bad deal to unknowingly catch a previously released fish with lead in it then find it out at the weigh in. That would be my luck.
    I have cleaned a bass that had the hook, worm and sinker still in him. The hook and a piece of line was coming out. Of course it wasn't 1 lb of weight.

8. Member
    This numbnut put a little over 2.5 pounds of lead in the fish. I really couldn't believe he thought he could get away with it.
    And I saw on Fakebook that they will have a metal detector at another big tournament coming up put on by Despino Tires. One of the Despino brothers fishes some Pro tournaments so if you think you recognize the name; that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Clif View Post
    This numbnut put a little over 2.5 pounds of lead in the fish. I really couldn't believe he thought he could get away with it.
    Wouldn't expect a whole lot of intelligence coming from Pollack La.

10. Member
    I think of $$ and a little bit of notoriety is involved people will cheat at anything. Some people have no morales at all.

11. Member

12. Member
    I'm guessing all that meth and other drugs done really messed up his brain to think he could get away with that.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    I'm guessing all that meth and other drugs done really messed up his brain to think he could get away with that.
    Yea. Its really sad. I feel bad for the guy, hope he gets some help and gets better. He had to be out of his mind to think nobody would notice over 2lbs of weights in a fish.
    On the other hand, its nice to know Sealy has a plan in place that seems to work well.

14. Member
    Gamblers gonna Gamble, does this really surprise anyone?

15. Member
    I really wonder how organizations thinking about implementing metal detectors will handle a fish that tests positive for metal. I wonder how many fish have a portion of a hook in them or swallowed someone's rig and broke them off.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing and wonder has it actually happened before and was just not noticed due to smallet amounts of weight added.

17. Member
    Luke Dunkin just had the Sealy guys on his podcast. They rambled about everything else and only talked vaguely, for a min or two, about the recent cheating deal. If I understand correctly, the bass weighed 15.64. I haven’t looked at results, but if the fish weighed 13+ without weights - the dumbass would’ve won anyway without cheating.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Luke Dunkin just had the Sealy guys on his podcast. They rambled about everything else and only talked vaguely, for a min or two, about the recent cheating deal. If I understand correctly, the bass weighed 15.64. I haven’t looked at results, but if the fish weighed 13+ without weights - the dumbass would’ve won anyway without cheating.
    You have to wonder if some foul play was involved even without stuffing the weights. How and where was the 13 pounder caught?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. Banned
    To be that brazen he must have figured he was fishing in a crowd of idiots and/or hes tried something similar prior and gotten away with it. Its one thing to notice the weigh master isnt dumping the water out of the bag before scaling it. Then dipping your bass in the bag scooping water while placing the fish in the weigh in bag. I have seen that one a couple times. Never by someone who was within check range so no one was called out.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 05-28-2024 at 01:47 PM.

20. Banned
    This is the material that would worry me if it hasnt already become common place. Why use lead when water in a dissolving tube is available. There is a time release than dissolution.

Terrasol c-10, aka - Tide pods

scroll down in below link to typical applications

https://fkur.com/en/bioplastics/terrasol/terrasol-c10/
    Last edited by mattmann7; 05-28-2024 at 01:26 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast