Nitro Z19 weight limit

Hey All,

I am in the process of buying a '23 z19. I know there are many things to consider when purchasing a boat but one topic i am not finding to much information on is exceeding the weight limit. Which yes, I know the simple answer Is just don't exceed the limit.

I am 6'3 250lb and I prefer to fish with my brother. When I was running the numbers, it seems that even with myself, the stock equipment, a full tank of gas I'm already pushing this boats total weight limit of 1375lbs.

200hp pro xs - 511lbs
    Lowrance ghost 47" - 85lbs
    Full tank of gas - 310lbs~
    Batteries- 60lbs~
    Fatty Mcfatterson (me) - 250lbs

This is pushing 1216lbs already. Not including safety & fishing gear, ice and drinks in the cooler, or having the livewells full. Doesn't leave much room for a co angler, let alone some of the common upgrades with additional graphs, batteries, power poles etc.

So, my question is, what are you other nitro owners doing here? Exceeding the limit? Fishing alone? Joining cross fit programs?

if calculated that way most bass boats would be over the capacity weight limit.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Interesting question. I have never considered adding the weight of the motor, gas, and batteries into the mix. I always looked at that weight limit as the limit after the boat was built/completed. I always thought that number was just for people and equipment/tackle.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Interesting question. I have never considered adding the weight of the motor, gas, and batteries into the mix. I always looked at that weight limit as the limit after the boat was built/completed. I always thought that number was just for people and equipment/tackle.

According to the nitro website the 1375lb limit is "Max. Person, Motor & Gear Weight"

I probably have nothing to worry about, I'm probably being too analytical.

5. Member
    I'm all for safety and making sure you are doing things right... but not in this case. Just load the boat and go fishing. I'm sure someone can come up with an unbelievable scenario for why you can't be one pound over the posted limit, but it doesn't matter in the real world. Your hole shot and top speed will suffer... that's it.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

6. Banned
    You will be fine, I weigh 200 lbs and I used to fish with 2 other 250 lb people out of my Tracker 175 which is much smaller than the Z19, never had an issue.

Go fishing, wear a life vest and the kill switch. Have fun.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s