Razor 4XL on SHO Prop to Lower Unit Gap

I have a Razor 4XL leftover from my old boat and wanted to try it on my new SHO. When I mounted it up with the hub kit there was a larger gap between the inner diameter of the lower unit and the outer diameter lip of the prop. It seemed to have the right depth into the lower unit compared to the stock prop but the gap looked too big. Guessing that means I would need a cavitation ring or would it be ok to run that way?

Sounds like you have an extra thrust washer still attached to your shaft

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I installed it with RBX 203x hub and the instructions say to install it with the OEM Thrust washer and the kit's thrust washer spacer. That's all that was in between the prop and the lower. Unless I'm not supposed use the thrust washer spacer but the stock prop has the two piece thrust washer system.
    Last edited by KnightWKNF; 05-24-2024 at 02:25 PM.

4. Member

5. Member
    That appears to be correct, as the diameter of the prop is slightly less than the SHO lower unit. You're good to go, drive it like you stole it.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

6. Member
    That's fine. Run it.