Thread: AT1 going blank

AT1 going blank

I have an AT1 that is not showing the correct views as it did before and after about 20 minutes on it goes blank. I turn it off and restart it but same thing happens. I have updated all hds depth finders and the AT1. Returned to factory settings and still the same. Today I noticed when it went black on me the indicator arrow was swinging around all over as though it was hunting for what direction it was at. Go figure.
    Need help.

2. Member
    Add voltage with EDIT OVERLAY and check the voltage. Could be an ethernet cable failure.

3. Member
    OK will do. Hate to invest in new transducer for an AT1. Need to try some of these suggestions first.

4. Member
    You have both AT model and your units updated to the lates update 23.3

5. Member
    Hds-16 has version 23.3
    Active target has 67.3.32

6. Member
    I did replace the ethernet cable but haven't been out to try it.

7. Member
    Took AT1 out today and it goes erratic about every 2 minutes. If this is the best lowrance can deliver in the longevity of their equipment, then maybe time to start moving to another product. Ghost TM has been shutting down and if I turn it off and back on, it takes right off.
    Messy reliability problem to deal with when fishing.
    BOTH HAVE SEPARATE POWER SOURCES.

8. Member
    Nobody have a solution or opinion?

9. Member
    Don't know that this is an opinion or a solution but. Lowrance provides the means to ground the case of the AT module. I reckon they did it for a reason. Is the case of your AT module properly grounded? Ground might be there to address interference only but as they say "couldn't hurt".

10. Member
    What’s your voltage on the graph say?

11. Member
    Voltage on depth finder is 12.8 all day.

12. Member
    How is the yellow wire on the AT module connected to and how? calibrate the TMC puck, What unit with At1 you don't say. is your Ghost hard wired or plug, if Plug Get rid of it needs to be hard wired. Since you have all these shut offs , and intermittent power downs leads me to believe you have some install issues related to wiring. Is your boat newer or older, Older boats have some small wires that cause voltage drop issues so lots a variables in peoples equipment so I wouldn't assume its a Lowrance Problem.