Stern swivel leak

Mod H250HLAHB ser 05543071. Hey guys i have a hydraulic leak from the starboard side of the stern swivel After trimming up and down and stowing the motor on the motor tote it leaks about a spoonful of fluid then stops. My question is could it be a seal between the bracket arm and the stern swivel itself that’s leaking cause those are not cheap when replacing. Thanks

2. Member
    You have an Evinrude G2. Thanks for the model number. Are you sure it is the trim and tilt fluid?
    have you checked the tnt fluid level?
    what is the fluid level of the steering system?
    pull off the round silver caps on the stern bracket and look for fluid.

3. Member
    Hey Bighare2. I pulled off the silver cap and it had a very small amount of the light red hydraulic fluid in it but it’s not leaking much into the cap but at the swivel joint itself where it spins to go up and down . The steering seems to be fine but yes I’ve had to add tilt trim fluid to it

4. Member
    Yeah, there is something going on. It is too hard to say over a keyboard what is going on. These leaks are not unknown. The model number indicates the version with improvements. Hopefully you still have warranty. Next step is probably to get the engine to a dealer for evaluation.

5. Member
    Thanks. It is going to dealer on teusday for evaluation but unfortunately it isn’t under warranty