Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Hey don’t be upset there was a lot of denial,whining and conspiracy theories that prejudices derailed a Man’s career in a Pro Sport on the BBC.

CC needs to prove herself on the court and if you watched her college games she scored a lot of points but also had a lot of turnovers that didn’t get a lot of mention.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Is this for real? You guys are all fired up about the WNBA?
    No joke. Pierce drops knowledge on driving today’s boats and it gets only three pages, and this is what we are sipping our tea discussing, ladies? (And I’m a Hawkeye. )

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Several retired players warned this winter that she is NOT going to be welcomed in the league. Players were saying her skin color and her being straight are not what current players wanted to see in their next superstar even if it turns everything around and starts making them money
    Perhaps this is why the "ladies" of The View" were attacking her today. (Don't watch them. Saw the news video... just so we're clear...)
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

4. Member
    You know she’s hearing white bread comments all day long. She’ll have it rough for a while. Many elbows in her future.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

5. Member

6. Member
    Indiana would have a great team if they had someone good to replace Boston under the goal and a better coach.

7. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I'm not saying yiu or anyone else dreamed anything up. I'm simply disagreeING. I personally think people are mostly making excuses for her lack of success also far rather than just giving her time to learn the pro game and get her legs under her. Hopefully she is a great one, if not it will be because of her own abilities or lack of when it's all said and done.
    I have zero dislike or hate towards her. I hope she has an incredibly successful career. I think a lot of people are jumping to her defense for reasons other than just basketball.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Just Google what the ladies on the view had to say about her and all your questions will be answered.

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Just Google what the ladies on the view had to say about her and all your questions will be answered.
    So,,,, i looked it up as you suggested...

"Ladies"??? you're (you're not the only one) all whacked out by what oneof the hosts opinion was during a discussion of the panel... No one is talking about what Goldberg's comments were during that discussion. Goldberg's comments were that Clark had earned her place in the WNBA unlike some Ivy League students who only got in because they're black.. She went on to say that Clark earned it and that she sure wasn't mad Clark was in the WNBA..
    Nobody is talking about Goldberg's comments because that don't fit the narrative,,,,,,,,
    Their discussion was no different than the discussion being held here..

Last edited by lakefolk; 05-23-2024 at 06:37 PM.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    It's because there's a certain segment of the overall straight, white crowd that wants to be a victim so bad. They view CC as taking up the mantle for their movement so they're latching on to this particular subject. Let CC come out in support of some policy/lifestyle/trend/product they don't like and their tune while change with a quickness.
    Racist statement

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkoutdoors View Post
    Racist statement
    Well it sure was strange for sure.

12. Member
    She is a winner. She will succeed.

I don't much care for her. Wouldn't mind if she just faded away into WNBA obscurity.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    So,,,, i looked it up as you suggested...

"Ladies"??? you're (you're not the only one) all whacked out by what oneof the hosts opinion was during a discussion of the panel... No one is talking about what Goldberg's comments were during that discussion. Goldberg's comments were that Clark had earned her place in the WNBA unlike some Ivy League students who only got in because they're black.. She went on to say that Clark earned it and that she sure wasn't mad Clark was in the WNBA..
    Nobody is talking about Goldberg's comments because that don't fit the narrative,,,,,,,,
    Their discussion was no different than the discussion being held here..

That’s beautiful. Whoopi is such a shining star in a dark world. I’m not too whacked out as you say because I don’t think I’d recognize Caitlin Clark if I saw a picture of her. I’ve heard the hype but don’t even know who she plays for.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    The issue is its not the players making any extra money, its the league. The veterans are already locked into contracts, they have not seen any extra money from CC coming into the WNBA.
    Thats wrong, they finally have carter flights instead of commercial flights, at least she has gotten credit for that from what all the social media have said.

16. Member
    They Can’t Stand The Fact She’s Made More Money Than Any One Of Them Before Stepping On A WNBA Court. Her Popularity Was Brought On By The Different Type Of Game Shes Brought To The Women’s Game, The Sports Media and Fan Base. She Will Succeed In The WNBA, Even With The Target On Her Back, The Best Defenders and All The Double Teams.

17. Member
    It was bizarre seeing Boston speak in a condescending and demeaning way to Clark while they were walking off the court during halftime of their first game like Clark was a stupid rookie while knowing there were a ton of cameras on them. It was insulting and demeaning.

If you haven't seen the video of how Boston talked to Clark... you'd be taken aback. I've never ever seen a second year NBA veteran talk to a superstar rookie like that in front of everyone else.

Nothing like how Tiger Woods came onto the PGA tour and everyone on the tour was excited about challenging Woods and at the same time mindful of the amazing impact Woods would have on the PGA tour payouts. And Woods literally changed the PGA tour overnight for so many of those mid and lower level veterans who became rich as a result of the Woods phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Several retired players warned this winter that she is NOT going to be welcomed in the league. Players were saying her skin color and her being straight are not what current players wanted to see in their next superstar even if it turns everything around and starts making them money

Would it kill her to lick a carpet once or twice to make the professional transition easier?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromMaryland View Post
    They Can’t Stand The Fact She’s Made More Money Than Any One Of Them Before Stepping On A WNBA Court. Her Popularity Was Brought On By The Different Type Of Game Shes Brought To The Women’s Game, The Sports Media and Fan Base. She Will Succeed In The WNBA, Even With The Target On Her Back, The Best Defenders and All The Double Teams.

someone is in love with their shift key ...
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Do not underestimate the proclivity of old white dudes inserting themselves into places, persons, or things where no such invitation existed. Especially when it’s for “their best interest”.
    Haha.
    You’re so right. “Old white dudes” should be very wary of “inserting” anything around women who are younger, quicker and probably stronger

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast