10' Blade Sway/Play

Just got back from a long trip to Saint Clair and noticed both, but one of my 10' blades in particular has A-LOT of sway in it when its upright. Should I be looking to replace some parts to tighten this up? What parts do I need to get ordered?
    2005 Ranger Z21
    2005 Mercury Verado 250

2. Member
    First, check the bolts per power poles 100 times that they are deployed. They have the information on their site. If everything is correct then the bushings might need replacing. I did my bushings over the winter and it makes a difference. I just need to replace the stern bushings at the mounts. The bolts tightened should still be able to turn. Make sure you torque them to the specs set by power pole. Do you change your fluid at least every two years? I change mine once a year as the green plant based fluid will get gummy and slow the response of retracting/deploying the poles and cause premature wear and failure on the pumps.

3. Member
    I appreciate the tips! I'll check the bolts and see how those look. My blades are CM1 so when the hoses bust every year I end up changing the fluid involuntarily

Might be time for new bushings. I think the previous owner replaced them four years ago.
    2005 Ranger Z21
    2005 Mercury Verado 250

4. Member
    I learned the hard way but now I ratchet strap each pole to my boat hooks on every trip I take. Takes out the rough road wobble and I don’t have to worry about one of them deploying going down the interstate.

Id like the 10's but this is one reason I went with 8's.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

6. Member
    Yeah I think if I ever sell these to upgrade to the new pumps and hoses I'll be looking into 8's instead of the 10's. It's very rare I use the extra length.
    2005 Ranger Z21
    2005 Mercury Verado 250

7. Member
    I use RMP covers on my 10 ft blades, holds them together, protects them and they cant accidently deploy for any reason....cheap protection and insurance

8. Member
    I have 10's on my boat. I have the hydrilla gear tilt brackets and no issues getting in/ out of the garage. One member on here has used ratchets on each pole to hull tie downs and removes the wear on the bracket bushings. I added a battery cutoff switch for the poles and atlas jackplate. When not in use it prevents the ability of accidentally hitting the key fob. I also use a RMP pole covers and in addition I use a Velcro strap on each pole. So no worries about them dropping down. If your hoses are busting each year you could have a local hydraulic shop make the hoses as what the cmp2 versions are. I think Rich at hydrilla gear might have the fitting to use the cmp2 black hoses.