Watersnake Shear Pin

Good evening gents,

On my last outing braid wrapped around my Watersnake T24. When I removed the prop to cut the braid, the shear pin dropped off into the water. I’ve been searching around and can’t find one, or the size, to replace. Any help on locating a shear pin for this trolling motor would be appreciated.
    IMG_0041.jpeg

2. Member
    I have all the information in the shop on these water snakes. However I have a medical condition right now that I can't go into the shop. I do remember that there's an outfit in Atlanta that sells these motors which are Australian made with MotorGuard parts. I would think that the pin on this thing is metric. The name of the company in Atlanta I think is big something sports. I know they have a website cuz I've seen it and looked at a couple things for this water snake. I don't know when I'll be back in the shop more than likely it will be next week. If I find any information out for you beforehand I will give you notice on here and let you know.

3. Member
    Watersnakeusa.com……t24 parts schematic is online & you can purchase shear pins fir $3.50.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    Thanks guys, I called the company today and they do in fact have shear pins at $3.50 a pop plus $10 shipping . I was told to wait for the replacement propeller kit which is months away coming in from China. The kit has a propeller and two pins. I may just fashion a pin from a nail or something for the time being.Thank you both for the advice.

I've run a small outboard with a broken off pointy end of a fish stringer as the shear pin. I bet a nail will suffice short term for a trolling motor.

6. Member
    Thank you to everyone for your support. I took a chance and ordered replacement shear pins for a Minn Kota and they fit the Watersnake T24 perfectly. I’m posting this for future reference in case anyone experiences the same issues. The shear pin is 1” x 1/8”, and can be found easily on Amazon.
    image001.png