Ultrex will not go to Solix 12 spot lock location

I'm finally getting use to my new set up with my new Solix 12 G3. I'm having trouble in getting the Ultrex W/Ipilot Link to go to a selected spot lock location on my Solix 12. It will go to a way point but not a spot lock. I didn't have any trouble when I was using my Helix 12 G3 but since switching to the Solix it won't connect. My TM will work using my remote to go to spot lock locations, so I know the TM is still working correctly. I spent 2 hours on the phone with HB Tuesday and the person I was talking with said he was going to do some digging into this and call me back. Yea HB customer service is really good in my opinion, but I've heard that dog bark before and it didn't hunt.
    My TM, Solix 12, Helix 12, ML, TL and Solix 15 are all connected with the newest box and everything is working great except getting the TM will not go to a selected Spot Lock on my Solix.

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Not sure if this is related, but there is a bug in the current software which leaves SpotLock symbols on the chart after you stop a SpotLock. Since that shouldn't be happening, I'm not sure you can navigate to those symbols, but haven't tried it. They will disappear when you power down and back on.

I think there might be a setting in Solix/Apex to create a SpotLock Waypoint but I've never used that, because I don't want them hanging around. If I want to save a spot, then I create a Waypoint.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Make sure all items involved have the latest updates.TM controller and remote as well as the finders. ADD: must be within a 1/4 mile of the spotlock. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Not sure if this is related, but there is a bug in the current software which leaves SpotLock symbols on the chart after you stop a SpotLock. Since that shouldn't be happening, I'm not sure you can navigate to those symbols, but haven't tried it. They will disappear when you power down and back on.

I think there might be a setting in Solix/Apex to create a SpotLock Waypoint but I've never used that, because I don't want them hanging around. If I want to save a spot, then I create a Waypoint.
    Thanks, also I was having that same problem. I can't remember where I went in the menu but I unchecked something and the spotlock symbol would go away when I disengaged the spotlock on my TM.
    Last edited by dls; 05-23-2024 at 12:06 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Make sure all items involved have the latest updates.TM controller and remote as well as the finders. ADD: must be within a 1/4 mile of the spotlock. Bob
    Everything involved is up to date and I was 20 or 30 feet from spotlock. Thanks