Lake Butner / Holt

Never heard of this little lake until recently. Looking for general info. I know it’s small and it’s near Falls, that’s about it.
    shallow or deep?
    clear /stained/ muddy ?
    grass?
    pads?

Fun little lake to fish. Lots of small bass, although it is home to some pigs for sure. Speed limit lake, I think 25 is max speed. Nice little restaurant/grill right next to the ramp to grab a sandwich from at mid-day or end of the day. Would fish it again for sure.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

3. Member
    Holt is a nice little lake. Has a little bit of everything. There are deep bluffs and large flats. River channel throughout the lake. There used to be a ton of hydrilla in the lake but it disappeared. I haven’t been in a few years but it may be coming back some. The fish are on the small side generally, but I have caught a few big fish there. It’s also a Great Lake to go to on a holiday, or weekend. Doesn’t get very crowded.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerdn View Post
    Holt is a nice little lake. Has a little bit of everything. There are deep bluffs and large flats. River channel throughout the lake. There used to be a ton of hydrilla in the lake but it disappeared. I haven’t been in a few years but it may be coming back some. The fish are on the small side generally, but I have caught a few big fish there. It’s also a Great Lake to go to on a holiday, or weekend. Doesn’t get very crowded.
    thank you. Good info

Are bass boats with large outboards allowed? I understand there is a speed limit. Thanks!
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

6. Member
    Bass boats are allowed. No HP maximum.

7. Member
    Been fishing it for over 30 years and never seen a speed limit unless something has changed recently. Can’t really run hard anyway because of the size. Past few years it was a 10 fish limit with only one over 14 or something like that. 60’ by the dam pretty much 20-30’ all the way to the last turn going to the feeder creek. Then it’s 1-3’ from silt.
    I’m probably going this Sunday for the first time this year. Had knee surgery early April so I’m jonesing pretty bad to get out but not ready for Kerr or Falls boat traffic yet.
    Oh yeah no swimming and NO JET SKIS either.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

Let us know how you liked it. I'm looking for a new little spot to take my kayak to that doesn't get overrun by big boats.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin