2011 etec 250 HO

Engine starts up and idles fine but as soon as I put it in gear and begin to try to accelerate it begins to sputter and eventually kills itself, but starts right back up no problem. Previous two trips out when I was at full throttle it would intermittently back off then pick up? Now it’s to where there’s no way I could get it on pad. Does this sound like a fuel issue? Would the fuel filter be first place to assess? Thanks for any info

2. Member
    Yes this is a fuel delivery issue. First check to small cone filter, in the fuel return fitting on the vapor separator. This has bee know to be clogged. NOTE: be careful when removing the hose clamp and hose from the fitting. The hose nipple is plastic and can break.

3. Member
    Mine did that, actually twice, and both times it was a bad injector. No codes or warnings....

4. Member
    Are you sure that your throttle blades are closing all the way? If you start these engines with the throttle cracked at all it will go into limp mode and wont allow the engine RPMS to increase much.. Also could be a problem with your throttle position sensor..

5. Member
    Injector ?