Top cap above gas tank/behind seats

This top cap is loose. I've noticed 1 screw is stripped. It does have the 4 screws total, which I think is the usual standard. Can I add additional screws? If so, does location matter?

2. Member
    I would call Phoenix and talk to them before running any screws in that area.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    I would call Phoenix and talk to them before running any screws in that area.
    Yes sir, waiting to hear back. Just curious if someone has already experienced the issue. Sometimes getting info on here is quicker lol.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    remove the panel first so you can mark the areas you want to add screws to to avoid putting any in the gas line or hose, if you have one striped you can remove it and either use a larger size or put one right beside it and 4 is sufficient to hold it but some now have 6 or 8 but for years 4 is all they had
    gas tank screws.jpg
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    remove the panel first so you can mark the areas you want to add screws to to avoid putting any in the gas line or hose, if you have one striped you can remove it and either use a larger size or put one right beside it and 4 is sufficient to hold it but some now have 6 or 8 but for years 4 is all they had
    gas tank screws.jpg
    I just replaced the 2 that were stripped with slightly larger screw and it appears to be tightened up good now. Thanks.