Can I install temp guage 2011 optimax?

Serial 1b822001
    I understand the temp is important especially on a opti
    I just went from a EFI to a 2011 pro xs 200hp so I am learning.

But hell... the gateway is $700 plus the gauge..
    I did buy the vessel view but that is a pain to use just for temp. When I fish my phone is off or not always charged.

So can I add on just a separate temp gauge?
    2002 Triton 190 FS , 200 Pro XS, Garmin Force, 2 Garmin Ultra 106sv, LVS 34, 1 Garmin UHD 93sv

vessel view mobile about 275.00
    Last edited by lpugh; 05-21-2024 at 04:55 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    vessel view link about 275.00
    I have the mobile , just don't like to use my phone for a simple temp reading

vessel view link plus smart craft guage ($419)
    Aweful lot for just wanting temp.
    Last edited by toonedin; 05-21-2024 at 11:32 AM.
    2002 Triton 190 FS , 200 Pro XS, Garmin Force, 2 Garmin Ultra 106sv, LVS 34, 1 Garmin UHD 93sv

4. Member
    You have "Vessel View Mobile" (phone), you need "Vessel View Link", or install a Mercmonitor $$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    You have "Vessel View Mobile" (phone), you need "Vessel View Link", or install a Mercmonitor $$$$$$$$$
    Wow. Not sure where the other poster saw $275 for vessel link . All I see is $700 and up plus a guy still needs the guage.
    I must be missing something.... guess I will just use my phone ...hate that, I'm not of that generation

MercMonitor
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

7. Member
    I use my vvm to ensure my motor gets up to operating temps & has oroper h2o pressure….then lock my screen. I let the Guardian alarm alert me if I have an overtemp or any other fault.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    vessel view link about 275.00
    Leon... that's not at all accurate. You're thinking of the Vessel View MOBILE module.

As a general rule, we don't quote pricing in the Mercury Forums as it literally changes DAILY.

Toonedin: There is no analog temp output from your Optimax for the ENGINE. There's a wire... and it has a signal, but it's not the engine temp it reports.

Smartcraft Instrument or System is something your engine shouldn't be without. About $1500 of the PCM's cost was the Smartcraft circuitry meant to communicate with you. Without a Smartcraft System, the PCM is limited to "Screaming at you and sending you smoke signals".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

yes sir I was but typed my preference, another senior moment
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Leon... that's not at all accurate. You're thinking of the Vessel View MOBILE module.

As a general rule, we don't quote pricing in the Mercury Forums as it literally changes DAILY.

Toonedin: There is no analog temp output from your Optimax for the ENGINE. There's a wire... and it has a signal, but it's not the engine temp it reports.

Smartcraft Instrument or System is something your engine shouldn't be without. About $1500 of the PCM's cost was the Smartcraft circuitry meant to communicate with you. Without a Smartcraft System, the PCM is limited to "Screaming at you and sending you smoke signals".
    thank you sir. I will probably go for the garmin mercury gateway to my graph.

11. Member
    Coolant pressure is just as, if not more, important as temp for an Optimax.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toonedin View Post
    thank you sir. I will probably go for the garmin mercury gateway to my graph.
    Suggestion: Avoid the word "Gateway" as there is a device that is called that, and it is NOT what you want. "Smartcraft Connect" is what you want.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

13. Banned
    Just grab a Smartcraft Tach, you can find them for $400 or even less used and they work great. Gives you accurate RPMs while being able to display 2 other parameters at the same time, and show any faults. Cheaper than getting NMEA setup and Smartcraft Link to use it with your graph as well.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You're right... it will work, but is literally 1/2 of a Smartcraft System.

Respectfully: If I get my old 13" Black & White TV rigged up to Cable, are you gonna want to watch the Super Bowl on it? I promise it works and we can see the whole game...