Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarras85 View Post
    Update for you guys.

I moved my soft plastics to the right rear box and gained 3 mph. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I moved them back while i was on the water and lost that MPH. I also noticed that the rooster tail was way high, like 6-7 foot over the top of the motor. That tells me the engine is too high. Not to mention the boat would not lift up on pad until i was getting close to wide open throttle. I lowered it about an inch and also added about 40 pounds to the bilge with some damp sand, gallon zip loc bags and a ton of duct tape. The rooster tail is about even with the top of the engine now and I am running around 65 mph with 3/4 of a tank of fuel and all of my tackle. The best part is when I start trimming up the boat lifts and I can run on the pad around 50 mph now.

The next step is a hydraulic jack plate with about a 10" set back. It is 100% a weight issue and I will get it dialed in but for now I am happy with it.
    Do you have lithium batteries?

2. Member
    Lithium TM batteries yes.
    2017 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS opti

3. Member
    Update for you guys. My boat was at the dealer recently to replace the powerhead gasket. (leaking water into the engine cover) I had the mechanic make sure it was getting 100% throttle and it was. They went through everything just to be sure. This only leaves me with one thing. Weight distribution. There is no other explanation other than it being the lithium batteries I installed for the trolling motor. I am planning on installing a hydraulic jack plate eventually with a 10" set back. That should do the trick.

I sent the original prop I bought the boat with (24p fury) to be cleaned up, cup added, etc. The prop guy let me know one of the blades were bent. This dealer sold me a boat with a bent prop which I am still salty about, but being that they are three states away and I will never have to deal with them again in my life, I am just going to let it go.

I bought the boat at the beginning of March and since then I have had to replace all of the fuel lines and filter (left me stranded first trip out) Second trip the oil reservoir on the engine cracked I didn't notice until I finished my 40 mile run back to the marina. A few months later a powerhead gasket. I have put maybe 15-20 hours on this engine and bought it with 150 hours. The dealer prided themselves on they sold the boat new, so they did all the maintenance and had all the records, etc. Hopefully all the kinks are straightened out now. Fingers crossed.
    2017 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS opti

4. Banned
    Lithium trolling motor batteries will make you loose bow lift and a few MPH.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123