Swing tongue question

Has anyone ever done a swing tongue conversion from swing right to swing left? The way my boat sits in the garage it’s a major PITA the way it is now. Being able to swing the opposite way would make life so much easier. I’m thinking it could be done but worry about compromising the integrity of the trailer tongue.

Mine had a "Wet Bolt" on one side and the Pin on the other. Easy swap, no problems.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Vatrer Lithium / V-T2 Vents

I just did this on my trailer because of installing some BFX Steps. The bolt with the zerk was no problem. However, the pin fits differently on the other side. Instead of easily sliding right in, it has to be jiggled in. When removing it, I have to lift the tongue a little to relieve the weight on the pin which I didn't have to do when it was on the original side. Also pulling the R pin is bassackards. Other than those minor grumbles it's no prob.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

4. Member
    Did the swap on my Heritage trailer to accommodate a 4 step Trick Step I installed. Removed the bolt and lock nut, moved it from the left side to right and the pin drops in with no problems.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB-Rev4 17P 2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer, Torsion axle/Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed

5. Member
    I'm going to have to find a way to post a picture of mine. The design does not allow for a changeover without cutting and welding the trailer. That was the reason I was asking.

I've seen some that have a welded on pin. Those you'd have to grind off the weld, remove the pin, and switch it to the other side with a bolt the same size.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Vatrer Lithium / V-T2 Vents