Spark Plug Maint FYI

For those of you who have the previous 250SS and don't have the service manual, it's recommended that you change your spark plugs every 2 years or 200 hours unlike what the owner's manual says. I was having trouble getting on plane, especially when my live wells and gas tanks were full. I checked out what the Suzuki service manual recommended for maintenance and I changed the plugs and everything was back to normal and actually hit 71.1 mph on my Bass Cat Lynx this weekend. If I had my Scorpion prop on, I might've hit 72 or 73 mph.... Now this winter, I'll probably get the valve lash adjusted since that's recommended at 200 hours as well.

plugs2.jpg
    Last edited by booter; 05-20-2024 at 12:12 PM.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

2. Member
    Nice work. I actually have mine done annually as part of the annual 100hr/12 months service.

The valve lash check is important to have done. The check itself doesn’t take long.

Probably wont need any adjustments (more often than not it doesnt) but of course you will not know that unless the check is done. If something happens down the track and is attributed to incorrect valve clearance and the check was never done, say bye bye to warranty support.

If adjustments are needed, it requires a special tool to do it and some shims of the right size.

3. Scraps
    Just curious if Suzuki recommends any additive at all on an interval. Those plugs look my Merc 2S plugs on an annual and I use additive religiously. Or you could try and see how it goes. Taht and good top tier fuel.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    I usually run a can of Seafoam or some of the Mercury fuel injector/system cleaner through mine at least twice a year. Last year, I hardly ran my boat due to health reasons and was afraid that my fuel injectors might've been clogged and was going to have the dealer pull and clean them for me to see if that would help with the performance. If nothing else, have my fuel injectors sent to a place that specializes in cleaning and servicing them to ensure they flow evenly and etc. Here's the place that I was thinking of sending them to.

https://injectormasters.com/
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.