Added something just because...

If you are as anal retentive as I am about taking care of your boat then you might understand why I did what I did. I know it wasn't needed but with all of the rain and flooding where I live I can't go fishing so I thought "what the hell". There are times when there is current or the boat ramps are uneven because some a-holes think it is funny to throw rocks in so loading the boat doesn't go on exactly at some times where the dead center on the roller is missed so there are marks by the bow connection.

Got a piece of Keelguard, cut a template, taped it where I wanted it, did the required prep, and installed what you see. When this stuff makes contact it is NOT going anywhere but I guess only time will tell as far as how longs it lasts. I always make sure that the bow roller rotates/moves as at the factory someone has been tightening the bolt for this so that it does not. Had to creative as to how to get the bow just high enough to allow everything to get done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Great idea.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Sure looks like great protection for that area.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

honestly something that should come from the factory like that. its a common area of wear on ALL BOATS
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Nice piece... Back decades ago Ernie Hamby wanted to do along bow guard for that reason, though the thickness of a Hamby was an issue, as you have to clear the bow eyes. Back then some brands used a molded zamak with stainless stems and offered little room.

One of the keel companies makes the stainless steel version, but it doesn't conform well.

BCB

6. Member
    So the idea works better in theory, than in practice??

7. Member
    I would love to do that on my P2. Great idea!

8. Member
    I would love to have that.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro