Phoenix customer service

I had to send Jeff an email. I’m not sure how it happened or why but someone at Marine master shot two staples in the top of the outside bunk. Staples were side by side at the back end of the outside port bunk.

It took me a minute to even see what was going on. I was under the boat installing the drain plug and noticed a scrapped area just behind the bunk in the gel coat. Put the boat in the water and checked the bunk and didn’t see anything, so I assumed it was a piece of road gravel. So later in the day I checked the bunk again before loading the boat on the trailer. I saw small rust spot in the carpet. Pushed the carpet nap out of the way. Holy crap, carpet staples in the top of my bunk. I wasn’t happy!
    I had a utility tool in my truck. I ended up digging part of two staples out of the bunk. I put a hole in the carpet during this process. I could only get three legs of the staples out. One leg is buried in the wood and I couldn’t find it.
    The staples scratched up a quarter sized area in the gel coat. I was able to wet sand and polish that area back to almost like new condition.

Jeff got back with me really quick. He attached my email to Marine master. I discovered this issue Thursday afternoon. By Friday the wheels were turning. Jeff gave me a call friday evening and apologized. Today first thing in the morning, I received a call from Marine master. She apologized and said that a new bunk and lag bolts were being sent my way.

Stuff happens at times and it’s how the manufacture handles issues that make a great company. I would say Phoenix and Marine Master stepped up and did a good job of handing my issue.

IMG_4370.jpegIMG_4371.jpeg
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    What about the fiberglass scratch up?? Leaving it like that or getting it touched up??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    What about the fiberglass scratch up?? Leaving it like that or getting it touched up??
    I wet sanded it and it buffed it out with some 3M compound. It’s just a good thing I caught it early.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.

4. Member
    Dang I'd be pissed. Seems to be some quality checks missing leaving the factory sadly. Not sure if this amount of issues is typical for all boats. Hoping mine arrives with less to deal with.
    2024 Phoenix 818 Pro, 175 Mercury Pro Xs, 36V Lowrance Ghost, Fully padded front deck, E2 Wiring Harness, Seadeck Cockpit, HDS PRO10 On Dual Console Shroud, BoatEFX Locking Dual Bow Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelsterling View Post
    Dang I'd be pissed. Seems to be some quality checks missing leaving the factory sadly. Not sure if this amount of issues is typical for all boats. Hoping mine arrives with less to deal with.
    I wasn’t happy for sure. I don’t think anyone would ever imagine that you would have staples in the top of a bunk ever! They were very hard to see, so the only one who would know they were there was the guy with the staple gun. This has been the only kink with the boat. My Vexus was a true PITA.