Charging lifepo batteries

Do you charge lifepo batteries after each use,or only when they are discharged a certain amount? What's the proper way? I've got two 36 volt 60ah batteries in parallel. After a tournament they're still at 92% soc. Top them back off, or wait? Thanks I'm new at lithiums.

It's not beneficial to store them at very high SOCs or very low SOCs, especially as temps start rising.

I usually go fishing and charge them the night before I leave the next time. So they'll be stored anywhere from 50-75% typically, until I am ready to use them.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | 6" Jackplate | Garmin Force @36v | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

3. Member
    Most of the recommendations I have read suggest between 20 and 80% SOC does not stress anything. I think most or us get too involved with charging LiFeP04 batteries. It does not have to be rocket science. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    I charge them when I am done and keep them topped up when using them. Storage I don't do anything for the 6 months or so. Keeping them topped off in my dirt bikes never seemed to hurt so I don't overthink them in the boat as Bob is saying. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

5. Member
    the 80% SOC is the advice for NMC, NMA chemistries. LFP can and should be charged to 100% (in order for BMS cell balancing).

the worse thing you can do is run it completely down and let it sit. it will kill them in no time.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info guys

7. Member
    I charge them as soon as I get home. Back the boat into the garage and plug in. It’s not as though you’re putting them into storage for a year!
    2023 921 Elite
    Mercury 25 Pro XS Bobs Hydraulic
    Power Poles
    Humminbird 12 gen4, and 3 10 Gen4
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

8. Member
    I charge mine when i back into the garage after fishing.