Thread: 188VX questions

188VX questions

For those with a 188VX, I'm wondering what the longest rod is that you can fit in the rod locker?

Also, what's your opinion on front deck tackle storage? Looks pretty small, and I'm concerned about that cooler taking up valuable storage space.

Thanks in advance.
    __________________________________________________ __
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Got A 2010 probably hold 8 ft I don't have 8 ft rods but got a few 7' 4" rods and they will fit with several inches to spare. I use the cooler for soft plastics Ashmore marine has some organizer stuff for 188's
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

3. Member
    I have a 2008 188VS and put a tape measure into several of the rod tubes..... 7'-6" length rods will fit.
    I also converted my cooler into tackle storage area and bought a Yeti -style cooler that fits perfectly on the floor, in front of the cooler.

I store my tackle boxes in main front storage and the right rod locker has all of my soft plastics. cooler I use as a cooler. I came from a 462 so it had similar storage. Rod locker will hold a 7'6".

7'11" will fit in mine just checked guy had one and I give it a try.
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

I can fit a 7'6 rod in mine (2010 188VX) I can accommodate 17 sleeved rods in the locker with 2 or 3 sleeved rods per tube. I use the cooler for storage and have a small cooler that fits under my deck extension.

Spanky

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    I can fit a 7'6 rod in mine (2010 188VX) I can accommodate 17 sleeved rods in the locker with 2 or 3 sleeved rods per tube. I use the cooler for storage and have a small cooler that fits under my deck extension.

Spanky
    I use a small cooler also never did like useing inboat coolers much easier to fool with.
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

If you need to fit longer rods you could always pull the front access by the trolling motor. You should be able to see the sealed end of the rod tubes there. You can simply cut the ends off the tubes and you will be able to fit +8.5ft rods.