Looking for decent lakes in East Texas

Thought Id through this out on this page. Looking to move to Texas and would like to be located centrally where some decent lakes wouldn't be to far of a drive. TIA for you thoughts.

2. Member
    If you vote blue go somewhere else, if you vote red all is good.

3. Member
    LOL, I vote RED, now that is clear, do you have any suggestions.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DRanger96 View Post
    Well, you probably want to stay away from Austin then although Hays County just south is a bit more conservative. San Antonio is fairly liberal, and Houston I wouldn't wish on anyone. Fort Worth is conservative, and Dallas is starting to move that way possibly. If you're looking to work remote or just want a rural setting, I think about anything east of I-35 would work. Pretty country over there. Lot greener than where I and Mr Chamber of Commerce live ...

5. Member
    Rayburn- Toledo bend area.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    . Lot greener than where I and Mr Chamber of Commerce live ...

7. Member
    Nacogdoches area puts you from 5 minutes to within an hour of several good lakes.

8. Member
    Live north off 75 McKinney Mellissa Anna area van Alstyne. You are 1 hr to hour and half of some serious fishing lakes or a slower way of life Tyler area and you got your pick of alot of East Texas lakes. Even though I’m red , Blue or red doesn’t matter to me because when on the lake nothing else matters
    Thought Id through this out on this page. Looking to move to Texas and would like to be located centrally where some decent lakes wouldn't be to far of a drive. TIA for you thoughts.

1st double digit largemouth 11.57 lbs with Mark Pack Lake Fork 06/21/13
    BASS Life Member
    Today’s Forecast: 100% chance of winning
    Rest In peace my friend Mark Pack “They don’t start bitin till we get there”

Anything north of Houston to Dallas areas but east of 35. I like Palestine areas, Nacogdoches and Tyler would be good too.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by northdallasfisherman View Post
    Live north off 75 McKinney Mellissa Anna area van Alstyne. You are 1 hr to hour and half of some serious fishing lakes or a slower way of life Tyler area and you got your pick of alot of East Texas lakes. Even though I’m red , Blue or red doesn’t matter to me because when on the lake nothing else matters
    Only time red or blue matters is in November.

11. Member
    You want to go to Tyler. In the middle of bob sandlin, Palestine, lake o pines, cypress springs, cedar creek, Sam Rayburn, Toledo bend to mention a few. Best BBQ in Texas too!! I know that will stir the pot but Stanleys and Country Tavern can compete with any BBQ in Austin. Anyway the original poster asked about east Texas which Tyler in in the middle of East Texas