Reinforce OEM trailer steps

Trailer steps bolts broke off on me going to the lake yesterday morning, luckily I was able to find them when I got home that evening. I've always kept them tight because I found them loose so have kept a check on them since. I know the vibrations are terrible so that is what causes the issues but are there any ways to make them stronger.

I also have the bass boat concepts handle, anybody figure a way to mount the handle permanent? Same thing it vibrates a ton so i take it on and off each time but be nice to leave it on. Already modified where it attaches due to welds breaking. Most other trailer steps you see have the handle permanent.

Thanks

2. Member
    If they vibrate bad enough to crack welds, I would be looking at why they vibrate so bad. Do you have unbalanced tires, or maybe some other gremlin you can't see. It doesn't sound normal, and I have never heard of this happening, yet. I always use Grade 8 bolts and lock nuts on all my built stuff. Good luck on this, stuff falling from a moving trailer can have catastrophic results...

3. Member
    I just emailed you Sir.

Angelo
    Bass Boat Concepts

Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    Trailer steps bolts broke off on me going to the lake yesterday morning, luckily I was able to find them when I got home that evening. I've always kept them tight because I found them loose so have kept a check on them since. I know the vibrations are terrible so that is what causes the issues but are there any ways to make them stronger.

I also have the bass boat concepts handle, anybody figure a way to mount the handle permanent? Same thing it vibrates a ton so i take it on and off each time but be nice to leave it on. Already modified where it attaches due to welds breaking. Most other trailer steps you see have the handle permanent.

Thanks