Ultrex greasing?

Hi folks,
    Is there anywhere on the ultrex that needs to be greased? This year the first couple times out the pedal is stiff going one direction (pedal toe down/turning right). I’ve checked the cables and they are on the pulleys in the pedal and not frayed. It’s just like there is something stiff in the cable or the steering section. It isnt as bad when the motor is running but if you attempt to turn it without hitting the button it is just stiff and slower to turn that way. Spot lock works fine, remote works fine and nothing else seems out of sorts. Just hoping it’s something that a good cleaning and grease would fix as there is no local repair shops around me and the ones out of town require you to drop them and don’t take appointments. TIA

2. Member
    I don’t think there is anything related that can be lubricated. You may have an issue with the hall effect sensor setting being too stiff. On your foot pedal there is an allen key screw that can be used to adjust the sensor. Might want to try adjusting it. At one point mine was too loose and my motor was turning too quickly.
    Last edited by tajchauvin; 05-04-2024 at 11:30 AM.

Pedal steering sensor most likely
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    You have a sensor board issue. Get it replaced.

5. Member
    Thanks everyone. I did some reading about the pedal sensor like some have suggested and it does appear to be showing those symptoms. I’ll call the repair shop tomorrow and see if they have one in stock I can buy. My pedal does have the older unsealed version of that sensor so that is most likely the issue.

6. Member
    Just a quick update. I ordered the pedal steer sensor from the repair facility and replaced it. Was a pretty simple job following the supplied instructions that took about 30 mins and maybe only 3 swear words. Used the trolling motor a couple times since and works perfect again. Thanks folks for the quick replies and saving me a trip to the repair place.

7. Member
    Just had to replace mine a couple months ago too. It was 4 years old. Guys at shop said they were surprised it lasted that long.