NMEA 2000 with G2

Hi Everyone

I have an evinrude g2 and 2 gauges on my dash. One gauge I can cycle through and see things like oil level, trim, water pressure, etc.

The other gauge always just shows “no data” for things like fuel tank level. Any idea why this info wouldnt be available? Is the NMEA network not set up properly?

Regarding the NMEA network, would anyone have a schematic of how to set it up? I would love to have this info available on my garmin units as well.

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    What two gauges do you have?
    the network is working properly otherwise you would see nothing on anything. There is a fuel level device is not sending information. No data means that the gauge is looking for fuel level information and no data is being sent that the display is looking for.
    no data can mean the analog to digital converter is disconnected, failed, improperly connected or incorrectly configured.
    Again tell us more on the gauges. Type, look, brand, boat type. Is this a new problem?

3. Member
    They are the Icon II gauges I believe (Bought boat used so not 100% sure, but they have the LCD display), and I do have a working analog gauge. From what I have been seeing online, there almost seems to be a separate cabling coming from the engine for the Icon II and for the NMEA 2000.

I think I need something that disconnects the analog gauge and attaches to the NMEA to get the other gauge to work. My gut is telling me based on this schematic, my NMEA isn't even hooked up but rather the Icon II is, hence why there is no data. There is a NMEA network going somewhere, just cant find it in the boat yet.

IMG_1500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bighare2 View Post
    What two gauges do you have?
    the network is working properly otherwise you would see nothing on anything. There is a fuel level device is not sending information. No data means that the gauge is looking for fuel level information and no data is being sent that the display is looking for.
    no data can mean the analog to digital converter is disconnected, failed, improperly connected or incorrectly configured.
    Again tell us more on the gauges. Type, look, brand, boat type. Is this a new problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigmac1984; 05-19-2024 at 10:14 AM. Reason: New Picture

4. Member
    Sorry still have more questions. Please confirm the look of the gauge. There was not a ICON II gauge.
    ICON PRO - about 3 in round, needle movement for tach and an LCD window at the bottom.
    ICON digital - about 3.5 “ square, full LCD screen
    Nautilus - about 3.5” round, full LCD screen
    What kind / type of analog gauge are you referencing? Tach, trim, fuel, volts, ?? An analog gauge like a tach or trim requires a digital to analog converter.

the N2K network has to be connected otherwise the working N2K gauge would throw a fault code something like this - 114 Loss of NMEA 2000 network communication. EMM detects no communication on the NMEA 2000 network. Check NMEA 2000 devices, buss cables, tees and backbone cable.

also- a G2 must have the fuel converter ‘instance’ to be set as I4 (instance 4). If the converter is programmed as I0, I1, I2 the gauge cannot pick up the fuel level data.

you will find a sample of the installation manual for digital gauges at this link https://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/...p?folderId=514

5. Member
    Icon Pro, sorry…. have one speed and one tech

6. Member
    Ok. You really need to grab the installation guide and the user guide from the provided link.
    As I said if the tach is working then the N2K network is working.
    no fuel data is no signal from the fuel tank sender and a required analog to digital converter.
    Follow the setup process in the tach from the user guide.