Question MotorGuide TP to Garmin 93SV adaptor runaround

Thanks to some posts I saw here I tried to buy the right cables to use my NEW Motorguide 36v 109HP HD Sonar to connect to my 93SV. It had the tiny little plug (9 pins) I bought the adaptor the goes to the blue end 8 pin adaptor and it came with MALE pins. I then bought the recommended 8 pin to 12 pin adaptor. When it arrived today the blue connector was also MALE pin. That might work in the real world (Male to Male :) ) but it doesn't work in the wiring world. I went to trolling motor repair shop and he didn't have anything in stock. Thought maybe the Amazon seller sent the wrong part but Bass Pro had the same style of cable in stock.

So, the question is- how/where do I find the female blue (8 pin) to male orange (12 pin) adaptor?

Super frustrated right now, swapped the old transducer back on so we would have it for the Indiana High School State championship in the morning.

2. Member
    The only 8 pin to 12 pin Garmin adapter is the one you have. You'll need a different MG adapter cable. I don't know about MotorGuide trolling motors and cable. Could this be what you need?

https://alltackle.com/motorguide-gar...r-tour-pro-hd/
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    The only 8 pin to 12 pin Garmin adapter is the one you have. You'll need a different MG adapter cable. I don't know about MotorGuide trolling motors and cable. Could this be what you need?

https://alltackle.com/motorguide-gar...r-tour-pro-hd/
    I assume the OP has a 93sv UHD. Link you post says Compatible with Garmin GPSmap, echoMAP, echoMAP CHIRP, echoMAP Plus
    No mention of UHD. Maybe you just won't get the UHD frequencies.

Page for you MG notor says "See the world beneath your boat with traditional 83/200 kHz2D sonar views or high-definition 455/800 kHz views available with major sonar brands.". That sounds like it's universal sonar anot not even Chirp. I would use the Garmin transducer for MUCH better images.
    Last edited by MonteSS; 05-18-2024 at 10:45 AM.

4. Member
    That's what we did today....maybe that's the best thing to do. I was just hoping to keep the wiring as clean as possible and use the "features" I bought. Thanks everyone.

Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Vatrer Lithium / V-T2 Vents