Quick and great reply from Lowrance tech about AT1 & AT2

Thank you for contacting us.
    Regarding your concern about your two HDS Live units and ActiveTarget 1 and 2, I wanted to confirm where you have mounted your ActiveTarget transducer. Is it on your trolling motor shaft? You can use both ActiveTarget transducers with your two HDS Live units. You can set one unit to forward mode and the other to down mode. There will be no interference when using both simultaneously. However, please note that you cannot use the 180-degrees and Scout + Scout Wide with this setup, as those features only work with the HDS Pro units and require two ActiveTarget 2 transducers.
    For any other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us back. Always stay safe and have a great day ahead.
    Thank you for choosing Navico products!
    Regards,
    Ernest
    Navico Technical Support

2. Member
    Sorry but you will have some interference. Using 2 AT2’s eliminates interference but with AT1 and AT2 at the same time you will see it on your screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Sorry but you will have some interference. Using 2 AT2’s eliminates interference but with AT1 and AT2 at the same time you will see it on your screen.
    Yep, well documented/discussed here and on other forums. Have to have AT2's to completely eleminate interferance.

However, I ran two AT1's for a spell, and the interferance really wasn't that bad tbh.

Edit, have some pics in This Thread...
    Last edited by 78Staff; 05-16-2024 at 06:25 PM.

4. Member
    I think I will just sale my AT1 and replace it with my new AT2 I just bought.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by towboaterpete View Post
    I think I will just sale my AT1 and replace it with my new AT2 I just bought.
    I thought about mounting my old AT1 in the back to have down imaging when in the driver's seat.

I have an appt next week with Tactical Sonar to have AT2 added my setup. I will be running AT2 in Forward Mode on my HDS Live and my current AT1 in Scout Mode on my HDS Carbon. We specifically discussed crosstalk when setting the appt. Paul said he has seen this setup and crosstalk is minimal, if any. I am going through with this and am confident in this opinion from them.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

7. Member
    Hey KHNC please update after installation and on the water test.

Will do!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!