Question Active target picking up the bottom?

In Forward mode my Active target is not really picking up the bottom after about 50’
    I keep it set at 100’ forward. 20’ down in 10’ of water.

KY lake - key was seeing a small log or brush that smallmouth would set up behind on shoals or points in 10’ to 8’ of water. My buddy who uses Garmin hopped in my boat and said my graph is messed up bc it should be able to pick up the bottom farther out to see the logs.

Any advice?

2. Member
    Its not your graph that is messed up its your install. If you can't look out 100ft you have in install issue. The most common is if you are on a Troll motor shaft that means your TM is no 90 deg to the water. Most bass boats have a hooked nose which pushs the shaft backwards towards the transom. I see very often that puts the TM shaft back 8 Deg so the transducer shoots down more than forward. And Brand G has the same issues with the same reason. its all geometry. Measure the pitch of your boat standing at the bow put it on the trailer jack up the front to that pitch deploy your TM then measure the shaft angle. You will have your answer. The fix is shim the front of your TM brack about 1/4" up and that usually takes care of it. Good Luck

3. Member
    My boat is a Skeeter. I did what Basshopper recommended above and then I added the Ashmore Marine leveling wedge under my TM. Makes all the difference in the world. Mine was out of plumb almost 5/8 of an inch. If you have a Point 1 installed, go to the Attitude Pitch and see what that is while you’re on the water and standing up front like you’re fishing. Remember what it is or take a pic. When done and back on the trailer on a level spot, turn on the Lowrance and jack the trailer to the same pitch again. Lower your TM and see how far out of plumb it is. That’ll tell you what size leveling wedge u need. Or, email Chad at Ashmore. He prob knows what size wedge you need based upon the boat brand. Sounds like he’s sold a bunch of them.

4. Member
    I will contact Chad.
    fishing out of a champion 190 and I weigh in about 260lbs.