Rough Idle - 2017 75HP Mercury 4-stroke

Have a 2017 TXW with a 75hp 4-stroke Mercury. Changed fuel filter last October when motor would bog down upon acceleration. Solved the problem.
    Motor is now running rough only at low/idle speeds. Don't recall if idles rough in neutral. Accelerates fine. Motor sat a few months over last year after back and hip surgeries. Always add marine fuel stabilizer and recently added Mercury Quickleen a few times.

What would cause this? TIA

2 Responses I had elsewhere that made some sense:

Bad thermostat.

The spring wears out and gets rocks/debris in it. This holds the valve open and allows water to keep coming in when your engine is running low rpms. It cools the engine too much and makes it rough or even stalls. When you run at high rpms the engine is hotter and needs the cooling anyway so your symptoms go away

At the very least, you can pop it out and clean it up for free. See if your symptoms improve any. If they do, just go ahead and change it. It’s one of the easiest and cheapest things you can do.
    2nd Response:

I had the same issue and it was an adjustment to a switch for when you move into neutral or reverse

2. Member
    I just posted a similar question in the Mercury 4 stroke forum you may want to read..or move this post to that forum.
    2004 Tracker PT 175
    2014 60 HP Mercury 4S CT