Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    If you clean and then spray with 303 - that makes it much easier to keep clean.
    I was gonna say do not use 303. It made mine slick when bare foot and very hard to take it off. I didn't notice until I took me shoes off though.

2. Member
    Big Jim posted a video on the new material Phoenix uses and the company that makes it recommended 303 protectant as a treatment to keep it clean.

You couldn't pay me to go back to carpet in the cockpit.
    Im redoing my cockpit area now, and I agree no way I’m going back to carpet. What else is out there beside Eva foam. Everyone I know says it’s a pain in the ass to keep clean, but what other options are there I wonder?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    Im redoing my cockpit area now, and I agree no way I’m going back to carpet. What else is out there beside Eva foam. Everyone I know says it’s a pain in the ass to keep clean, but what other options are there I wonder?
    There is also PE which is not as soft, but supposedly easier to clean and more stain resistant. https://aquatraction.com/ FAQs page has a lot of info. https://aquatraction.com/page/faqs

4. Member
    I don't have much sea dek, but even with what little I've got.....I struggled to keep it clean. Fought with dish soap, bleach, etc. Finally caved and bought the stuff designed to clean it. Would have saved me a lot of headache if I started with their cleaning product.

https://amzn.to/3V4k331

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    There is also PE which is not as soft, but supposedly easier to clean and more stain resistant. https://aquatraction.com/ FAQs page has a lot of info. https://aquatraction.com/page/faqs
    I had Aquatraction installed in the cockpit floor of my Stratos. I did really like it but it was a PITA to keep clean. I would do it again however, I would only choose a dark color. I had light gray with blue trim. A stiff brush and mild cleaner is what I used to clean it.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    I had Aquatraction installed in the cockpit floor of my Stratos. I did really like it but it was a PITA to keep clean. I would do it again however, I would only choose a dark color. I had light gray with blue trim. A stiff brush and mild cleaner is what I used to clean it.
    Was it the material or color that made it hard?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Sure glad I decided to stick with carpet.
    Me too

8. Member
    I use starbrite deck cleaner
    https://a.co/d/cdVlTid
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

Haven't tried to clean mine yet but it will be Dawn and a scrub brush for my first attempt.

Mine is in the cockpit and that's where I land most of my fish so it takes a pretty good beating. If I get a bleeder I try to wipe that up right away.

10. Member
    I cleaned the light grey sea dek on my Xpress X21 a few days ago with simple green and a stiff bristle brush in a cordless drill. It worked better than I expected.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

11. Member
    Aquatraction sent me some samples today. They are only 1.5"x 1.5" but still big enough to test. I'm going to put grease on one, blood on another and good old dirt on the third, and grind them in. I'll let it sit in the sun for a day and then try cleaning them to see how they do.

The material Phoenix uses is not SeaDek and the 303 works well. Its also a dark gray and doesn't look dirty. After 6 trips with the new boat so far its been no problem at all to keep clean. I'm not sure what other companies use or how SeaDek compares directly with this but I can say for certain this stuff that Phoenix uses has been great so far.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

13. Member
    I’ve had storm grey Sea Dek for almost a year on the whole floor of my bay boat. I run a lot of jug lines for catfish out of it so it gets dirty and bloody. Still looks very good. I squirt it real good with Dawn, lightly wet it and let it sit and soak for 15-20 minutes. Then I soak it with Dawn again and scrub with a brush like this picture and hose it down. Works good. Overall, it might stain a tiny bit easier than carpet, but I’ll guarantee you it’s cleaner because the dirt and stuff don’t settle down into it. And the fact it dries so fast is a huge deal for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    I cleaned the light grey sea dek on my Xpress X21 a few days ago with simple green and a stiff bristle brush in a cordless drill. It worked better than I expected.
    This is what I do, takes no time at all. Works better than Dek magic. I use a medium plastic bristle brush made for a cordless drill.

15. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    If you clean and then spray with 303 - that makes it much easier to keep clean.
    I have been using 303 aerospace protectant for many years, but since 2022 on my 2022 boat with Seadek I have used it after cleaning and it works great.
    LeaLea

16. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I use the seadeck cleaner and a midly stiff brush. It looks brand new after a seadeck scrubbing and rinse. The issue I run into is the carpet never seems to be 100% clean and and dripping from the carpet after cleaning leaves a residue on the seadeck. So I run water and brush the carpet clean or ideally park the boat out side in a torential down pour to get the carpet pounded clean and in "soft" water first. Then scrub the seadeck.

https://www.seadek.com/product/dek-magic/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12