Thread: Sharon Harris

Sharon Harris

Folks we need to figure out what to do about bass fishing on Sharon Harris. Call it what you want but last week it took 5 freaking lbs to win on a Wednesday evening 4 hour tournament. A little over 5 lbs won. All The rumors about it taking 20-35 lbs to win from a 4 hour tournament to an 8 hour tournament a few years ago will never be seen again here. Should the wildlife department look into seeing what’s going on? Shouldn’t they look into what Duke Energy actually had sprayed? This is during the spawn and still no real fish. What’s your opinions on what can we do? Something is badly wrong on Sharon Harris. We witnessed a turtle that was bigger than 40 lbs. head was bigger than a softball and the shell was bigger than a 50 barrel Drum. Tail was about a foot long and it was way bigger than 40-50 lbs. biggest fresh water turtle I’ve ever witness living in my life. Did many bass die and sink and the turtles (snapping) are just eating away? Something is wrong and badly wrong. This lake needs help

2. Member
    Something has been badly wrong on shearon Harris for almost 20 years. The same thing that has been wrong on currituck, mattamuskeet and many many other lakes……when you kill the grass……the fish go with it. They should just fill that coverless cess pool with spots just like Gaston and Norman.

3. Member
    Spots would be fun if they get to the size of the ones on Lake Lanier where a 6 lb spot is common. I’d go for that in a heart beat but I believe they need river run in to actually stay healthy and just BIG. When Josh Hooks can’t catch 5 lbs using FFS then there is a problem.

4. Member
    The fishing just isnt easy there right now, and im glad , i actually got 2nd on that night. Im hoping the bad fishing scares everyone away and i can have the lake to myself.

5. Member
    LoL

What has to be done is ti un-do what was done to it. This is by far the worst Spring I have ever fished there. And that vegetation they installed is working on a extremely slow pace. It's damn neear moved nowhere in 6 years.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswipe View Post
    What has to be done is ti un-do what was done to it. This is by far the worst Spring I have ever fished there. And that vegetation they installed is working on a extremely slow pace. It's damn neear moved nowhere in 6 years.

���������� just like it has everywhere that they installed it. Those cages full of green stuff have barely grew anywhere outside the cage on about 10’different lakes in the piedmont in about 10 years. But if you hear Seth mycko tell it “shearon Harris is a very stable fishery and no different than 25 years ago” our tax dollars hard at work

8. Member
    Then who ever believes that BS is dumber than a box of rock

9. Member
    Unfortunately Duke power owns the lake and it's in their control and not the wildlife's. Kb rn87 is correct that when you kill the grass you kill the fishing as has been seen on numerous bodies of water in this state. Whether it's the wildlife dept or Army corp of engineers the people in charge of the fisheries in this state have a vendetta against grass. We could have some world class fisheries around here if we had better management.