Triton Tr21 passenger console removal.

I just bought a 2001 Tr21 dual console. I want to remove the passenger console and replace with small fiberglass piece that goes in it's place. It bolts back in the same holes the full console bolted in to. Will try to post a picture below. I would also be interested to see if anyone has already done what I'm wanting to do that may have some input or pictures. I'd be interested in trading my full console for this part or buying it. Color doesn't matter on my end. I was told by a triton rep that 1998 - 2004 tr 19, 20 and 21 series have this same part that is interchangeable.

2. Member
    I have a 1999...single console....I don't know what piece you are talking about because there is nothing on my boat that can be removed...maybe later year than mine..I would like to see pics..

3. Member
    Last edited by DThomas123; 08-15-2016 at 07:19 AM.

4. Member
    I will post a picture, may be 2001-2003

5. Member
    TRY this was able to search may help... http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=630740

6. Member
    There is a cover over the rod ramp on that model (2001-2004) that's padded with a grab bar. It can be removed and the console added.

7. Member
    I removed the passenger console out of my 2001 TR-21. I used the hand rail off of console for hand rail on side where console was removed. May of had to drill one extra hole to make it work. I then covered remaining holes with plastic plug I got from Lowe's and then used an adhesive material used on steps to cover where remaining holes were to anchor console. Got the idea on here but can't find that post. I have some of the pics from his thread that I used to do mine. I will post them. Will have to take some pics of mine and post later. His doesn't have the hand rail added like I did to mine.

8. Member

These are pics from my boat removing console and putting handle from console on the side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Looks awesome. Going to do my 03 ,TR21 soon. Where did you get the black leg pad you mounted on the side?
    Thanks…

10. Member
    I took out my 03 passenger console last summer. It is bolted and glued so be careful lol. The black leg pad was already there.
    Fish have fins, they swim

11. Member
    This thread is 8 years old.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    This thread is 8 years old.
    Yeah and someone now is talking about removing his console. I recently did it so I answered his question.

13. Member
    Heck after a closer look, I too have that pad lol. I never ride on the passenger side. What exactly is the white strip covering you used on the rail to cover the holes? Also, did the glue pull off any gel coat? I’m so sick of how small my boat fishes with the passenger console there. Feels like I’m in a box when I’m retie’n baits and getting up and down. My 98 TR21 was a single console and it was much roomier. Thanks a lot for your help.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritonslap View Post
    Heck after a closer look, I too have that pad lol. I never ride on the passenger side. What exactly is the white strip covering you used on the rail to cover the holes? Also, did the glue pull off any gel coat? I’m so sick of how small my boat fishes with the passenger console there. Feels like I’m in a box when I’m retie’n baits and getting up and down. My 98 TR21 was a single console and it was much roomier. Thanks a lot for your help.
    When I did it I just used a white vinyl strip to cover the holes up. I think there was a couple spots that the glue pulled gel coat but I covered it up with 5200 and just smoothed those spots up.