Thread: Tuesday coffee

Tuesday coffee

Yesterday for my welcome back, I found out that I was a victim of identity theft. Had someone take out a business loan in my name. FRIGGIN THIEVES!!!!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Yesterday for my welcome back, I found out that I was a victim of identity theft. Had someone take out a business loan in my name. FRIGGIN THIEVES!!!!!
    That is one of my fears. Sorry it happened to you. How was the fishing up North??
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

Fishing was good, but not quite like I hoped it would be. Probably was expecting too much with never having been there before. Took three days to really feel comfortable getting around. Ran on plane in the shallowest water I have ever ran. The depth was 2.2 as I ran over a flat at 65mph. Jackplate was up high and I was not stopping. Would not have even thought about it without the hydraulic jackplate.

4. Member
    Wow!! I think I would have been puckered up. Glad you had a good time.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

5. Member
    Sorry about the identity theft issues Joel. Last month I got letters from two different mortgage companies telling me they got hacked and my information may have been stolen. I didn't recognize either company so maybe they are like a clearing house for the bank i am using for my mortgage loan. They are both offering me 2 years of free identity theft protection so I guess I need to research what is going on and decide what to do. Hope you can resolve your situation ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    Sorry about the identity theft issues Joel. Last month I got letters from two different mortgage companies telling me they got hacked and my information may have been stolen. I didn't recognize either company so maybe they are like a clearing house for the bank i am using for my mortgage loan. They are both offering me 2 years of free identity theft protection so I guess I need to research what is going on and decide what to do. Hope you can resolve your situation ok.
    Not sure how they got my info, but it is no surprise with all the stuff we have to do online now as a business. You can go to all three credit bureaus and check to see if anyone has run a credit check on you. That is one of the steps you take when claiming the theft. Put a flag on my credit also, saying I was a victim. If anyone runs a credit check now that will show up as a big red flag.