2002 ranger trailer leaf spring replacement

Have a 2002 ranger 520vx sitting on a tandem trailer and going to replace the leaf springs this summer. Any idea what size they would be or a part number? I do know that the axle spacing is 33 inches and the equalizer is 7 3/4 inches on the spring eye hole spacing. Searches indicate the springs most common were 25 1/4 inches but measured mine and looks more like 26 inches. Or is it best to measure spring after it’s removed? Thanks
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

2. Member
    Some thoughts for ya. RJ it is not completely necessary but sure is nice if you can unload boat and work on empty trailer. We have a boat storage place here next door to Ingalls Harbor. You can unload your boat at Ingalls, drive it 300 yards to Brick Yard landing where they will pick it up with forklift and put it inside a building on storage racks for 3 or 4 days or what ever you need. There should be several similar places near you. Give thought to your hanger hardware for springs. It is likely that you will need all of it new....I did. I got and sure like the Dexter wet bolt kit. There are two trailer manufacturers at the intersection of I-65 and Hwy 55 near Falkville, Al. if you get in a bind for something you didn't plan on chances are good they will have it. Good luck on rebuild! ( The Flasher still works like a charm).

3. Member
    Hey David. Glad to hear the flasher is working out for you. I agree. Be lot easier to work on without the boat on the trailer. Have a couple of buddies with boat houses on guntersville I might hit up. Or Goosepond would be an option for wet or dry storage for a few days. I am thinking I’ll replace the most everything. Leaf springs. Shackles. Equalizer. And wouldn’t hurt to put on new bunks.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

4. Member
    You need to measure the leaf springs, eye to eye and the drop measurement. I have a screenshot that I took when I replaced my single axle leaf springs, bit can't seem to post it here
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite